Better photos

xj_matt

Premium member
So I have a cannon rebel t6 I am looking to get better pics but not brake the bank on a macro lens. So all you photo gurus/infidels can give me tips and tricks to get better and more close up pics that would be awsome.

I am sure I am not the only person that would wanna knows this stuff thanks guys

Wojtek

Premium Sponsor
Hey! The key is custom white balance. I am no expert but you are welcome to visit and I can help you with that.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Hey! The key is custom white balance. I am no expert but you are welcome to visit and I can help you with that.
This is the key. This is what I was going to show you.

Here are the other tips:

1. Custom White Balance. Best way is to put a white reef safe material and use that as the custom white balance. Second option is to put a white piece of paper on the back side if your tank isn't painted of course....lol
2. Tripod.
3. Turn off all pumps and power heads
4. Wireless remote to take the picture. If not use a delay setting on the camera. Prevents unwanted movement.

View attachment 23122
View attachment 23123

madjoe

Premium member
Only suggestion i have is just steal them off the internet only way i can get good pics lmfao

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I was wondering if there was a DIY version of this
Yes, glue some clear acrylic to a section of six inch PVC, or just buy a top down viewer for $15.

Also, for anyone that has a decent camera but doesn’t want to pay out the nose for a macro lens, you can buy extension tubes or magnifying lenses for less than $30. Either of these will allow you to use a regular zoom lens as a macro lens. It’s not exactly the same, but you can still take great photos. I find that magnifying lenses take better pics, but are a bigger pita because you have to switch lenses at different focal lengths. The extension tubes are easier because you’re always in focus. I have both and use both, but prefer the tubes for simplicity. Or.....you can buy a macro lens for $700.

Regarding color, I usually turn down my blues before a photo session. Cameras don’t typically handle all of the blue very well.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Yeah, you have the good stuff. I’m cheap and look for ways to replicate the good stuff. By top down viewer for $15, I’m basically referring to a piece of plexi surrounded by a wall. They sell them in marine depot or BRS.

Unless you’re really serious about photography, a $700 lens is out of the question for most people. I like my camera stuff, but I’m OK with good, not great.