BigKev23's 60g Cube Build

BigKev23

Realized I never put up my build thread here, so figured I would finally make one...

My 60g cube was setup on March 5, 2011 and was a transfer from a 28g LED Nanocube. Here is the equipment list...

60g Marineland Reef Ready Cube (24"x24"x24")
Marineland Monterrey Stand (Espresso color)
Custom Sump by Nano Sea Creations (20"x20"x16")
Vertex IN-100 Protein Skimmer
Marineland Utility return pump
Vortech MP-10wES x 2
ATI DIY LED Powermodule (24" x 4 Bulb, 24 3W Cree LEDS)
Neptune Apex Lite
Tunzo Nano ATO

Here's some pics from the setup and when it was first filled...

Sawdonkey

Premium member
This is a beautiful tank! It is perfectly full of sps. Kevin's super simple dosing of calcium powder is really intriguing too. Keeping it simple and beautiful!

tinman

Simply amazing Kev

This is a beautiful tank! It is perfectly full of sps. Kevin's super simple dosing of calcium powder is really intriguing too. Keeping it simple and beautiful!
[MENTION=312]BigKev23[/MENTION] do explain please :D

BigKev23

Wow, haven't updated this thread in a while... Will have to get some new tank pics.

My Vertex skimmer went out about a month ago, so I have replaced it with a Simplicity Aquatics 240DC. Just installed it last night and it is the quietest skimmer I've ever had. Excited to see how it performs after it breaks in.

BigKev23

Also, after losing most of my SPS due to a demanding job, I have restarted my tank with the intention of doing mostly euphyllia. Have a good jump so far with three different torches and a branching hammer.

BigKev23

Picked up one of those captive spawned neon green/gold torches from ReefWise a week ago and picked up an elegance coral and two different octospawns from Underwater Worlds on Saturday.

FTS: