BigKev's 11.4g Work Tank Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKev23

So I decided to ditch my original 5g EcoPico that I had at work for something a little larger. I picked up this 11.4g Mr. Aqua tank from Gary for $20. Got it all cleaned up, painted the back black and it was ready to go.

11.4g Mr. Aqua Rimless tank
Coral Compulsion Par 38 bulb
Aqueon HOB Filter
Tropic Eden mixture of Reefflakes and Miniflakes

Decided I didn't want any ordinary rock, so I ordered two pieces of CeramEco Vidarock. I got a pico Bonsai and a pico Branch piece and they fit this tank perfect. Stocking is going to be a citron goby and a nice pair of clowns. I have been mounting zoa frags on each piece of the branches, which should form a rainbow-like tree once everything spreads.

Here's an initial pic from a few weeks ago... I will get some updated ones soon.

Steve1986

Nice build, I really like that vidarock. I've seen it personally in other tanks and it looks bada$$. Are you you planning on biweekly water changes ?

DD

"Rambo"
Wow that rock looks awesome!!! Looking forward to seeing the progress on this bad boy!

BigKev23

Here's an updated pic... Took out the tunze skimmer and added an aqueon hob filter. Also just added a Cobalt Neo-Therm heater. Have a few extra pieces of coral sitting in here temporarily too...

tinman

he only problem with that Aqueon HOB filter would be the air bubbles ..

i added one to the back of my nuvo and it drove me crazy.

your rock looks cool .. im trying to find a similar piece but cant :pout:

Status
Not open for further replies.