Black Ice or Buckshot Clowns?

bennyblanco

Hi - Anyone have some pictures of the Black Ice or Buckshot clowns? I'm picking a pair up this weekend and trying to decide which way to go.
Thank you,
Brett

FishBeard

Both are just creative names for "snowflake" clowns. The buckshot is just more cigarette burns in the white than usual, and the black ice just have thicker black lines with their orange areas darkening up with age like a fancy Occelaris.

bennyblanco

Cool- that's what I was figuring. Just curious what adults are turning out looking like. I like the extra holes of the buckshots but I like the darker lines as well.

FishBeard

From what I remember at MACI, the buckshots did have nice dark lines, As well. The buckshot thing is just a way to separate the ones with more black spots all over.

bennyblanco

Sounds good! I should have some pictures of a new pair on Sunday! I'm not planning on breeding them so maybe I'll get 1 of each.

gumby

Do what I did,Get the best of both worlds, sorry bout bad pics but clowns don't stop swimming lol
Got'em from Mitch, in fact 12 of 13 clowns I got are from him lol

bennyblanco

Very nice! That's what I'm thinking! 1 of each. Darn clowns.... I wish I could keep a small group of them! I'm really excited to see his stock and pick a pair out!

DJE

Very nice! That's what I'm thinking! 1 of each. Darn clowns.... I wish I could keep a small group of them! I'm really excited to see his stock and pick a pair out!
That will be cool to have one of each.

After we spoke Brett one of my BI jump out and I found it on the floor the following morning. Like Crooks told me, only expensive fish jump out so make sure you have a cover:)
Post some pics when you get them.

bennyblanco

That will be cool to have one of each.

After we spoke Brett one of my BI jump out and I found it on the floor the following morning. Like Crooks told me, only expensive fish jump out so make sure you have a cover:)
Post some pics when you get them.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! I definitely have a screen top on my tank. It's a DIY but it works perfect. I have extra clear screen if you need some. (Not sure how much I have left or how big your tank is!)

Brett

bennyblanco

I have a trio of crooks snowflakes, soon to be more when his next batch grow up enough for new homes.
Are you keeping them in your 60g cube without any problems. I was always under the impression that more than a pair was a no-no.

What a day! I'm learning a bunch! 24/7 fuge light and now the possibility of keeping more than a pair of clowns together. :)

DJE

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! I definitely have a screen top on my tank. It's a DIY but it works perfect. I have extra clear screen if you need some. (Not sure how much I have left or how big your tank is!)

Brett
It's my little nano and I'm good. I think i have some laying around. I appreciate the offer:)

FishBeard

They did fine in the 60, but are now in the 180. All 3 curl up in the same nem at night, but the 3rd wheel usuall just hangs out doing its own thing during the day. All 3 are from the same breeding pair I believe, so that could contribute to the lack of aggression. I tried adding an onyx baby and the bonded pair wanted it gone. So don't get the wrong impression all is well with more than a pair.

slumpysix

Sounds good! Maybe I'll try three and see how they do. It would be interesting to see their relationships form.
I had three until 2 of them spawned and the third guy had to go. Speaking of buckshot, I was unaware I had famous clowns!
crooks clan....