Black Ice

tvrsir

why the hell are we fighting over a fish?
and as far as defect? how the hell do we know that? if it indeed is a defect it would show up in more of the offsprings. I havent seen too much of that in mitches tank. and i was there looking over his two tanks for two hour picking out two FREAKING FISH. should i post them? MAYBE.

some people really claim to be geniuses but can't diagnose. FOR YOUR INFORMATION IT'S CALLED AN UNDERBITE....

im happy with my pair so fair i i have them for only 5 hours. i could have saved 80 bucks if i wait til tuesday to get it from a lfs. but i didn't because i wanted to pick out what i wanted. this is one reason you guys should NOT beat down a local breeder. im sure mitch would have gladly exchange the fish out for another no problem.

FishBeard

Not only late to the party but joined today and the only two posts made are in this thread complaining? Nice way to introduce yourself to the community. I'm sure you meant well, but the war is over, take it easy and work on an introduction thread with nice pics of your tank and awesome hand picked clowns, I'd love to see what you got going on, as well I'm sure the rest of us here would!

Cubbies

Not only late to the party but joined today and the only two posts made are in this thread complaining? Nice way to introduce yourself to the community. I'm sure you meant well, but the war is over, take it easy and work on an introduction thread with nice pics of your tank and awesome hand picked clowns, I'd love to see what you got going on, as well I'm sure the rest of us here would!
:dito: :beer:

anicemess

Man they told me the same thing, I thought I was special. Lmao.

Bottom line you go to get a fish, you pick it out for yourself and what you like. What's perfect to one person may be ugly to someone else, oh wait let's leave wives and husbands out of this, we are talking about fish right.
I"m one of those that would buy a deformed picasso or snowflake. I am too inexperienced and poor to pay for the top shelf fish. However, I do want to know when I'm being sold one...:dizzy:

anicemess

Looks who's talking.

I just checked back in and I don't think anyone is being a bully here. What's the point of an open forum if open discussion can't happen? They are nice fish, I already said that. I also said that due to a possible bad photo they had overbites, maybe they don't? Some get all up in a hissy fit when they think someone is scalding someone else. Chill out people.
He DID say a possible bad photo and I thought he was quite polite about the whole thing. Guys, we are all adults and have enough internet experience that we should ALL KNOW that inflection and tone of voice cannot be interpreted by the computer.

Even if poidog told me out loud that I was not thinking clearly for buying this huge tank that I had to take a window out of house to get in on the open forum, it is his opinion, suggestion, critique, idea, etc. The clever people take what is said and build and learn from it.

Why be insulted because of someone's opinion? Why start an argument when you weren't even part of the original conversation?

They are awesome fish, awesome nems, if he paid too much, so what? If he got a deal, so what? If he got cheated, sorry, but okay, move on. It doesn't really affect you so...so what? Let him do is thing. If they have offspring with overbite, I'll buy some cause they are so beaauuutiful.

Don't care so much! (if you want to yell at me, pm me so there aren't so many pages for people to read through to get the story!)

anicemess

I myself would be afraid to put a picture of something i have on here because i KNOW someone would have a negative comment about it. It's sad that someone can't put something on here to look at and just be that.If he put on this post look at my new clowns do you all think there perfect or is there something wrong then ok post your uncalled for comment about it. This forum is for posting pictures, Talking about things that are ok to comment about negatively or positive but there is a line as to when it is appropriate to do so. Constant bashing each other because of there comment isn't called for at all. If someone says something that you disagree with on a personal basis message then personally and keep it between the other person, None of us want to read your comment on someone else especially if it's negative. Try to think before you comment because some people are hurt by your comments and this makes people not want to participate in our community forum. So as a end to this just count to 10 before releasing your uncalled for comments before you let your fingers do your talking.
PM your pics to me. Although I am a b**** and will type exactly as I speak, how on earth am I going to be as good reefers as the rest of you if you don't share with me? :shout:

anicemess

BTW, not everybody on this forum is an expert reef keeper. There are some people that could barely figure out what the thread was about.

Heck, I only clicked on the thread because I thought someone slipped and dropped his fish on the street......

OpTiCz

LOL.

I'm an expert question asker. Don't sweat asking a question, even if you might get flamed. Better to learn from advice, even if it wasn't conveyed constructively.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

EyeReef

do we all need another group hug up in here? Lets all talk to each in a more respectable manner and I guarantee threads like these will run a whole lot smoother.

But yes I think we do need a :grouphug:

jcarlilesiu

LDon't sweat asking a question, even if you might get flamed. Better to learn from advice, even if it wasn't conveyed constructively.
Some people simply don't understand how damaging non-constructive flaming posts are to the community.

I have talked to multiple people who know they are inexperienced and as such are afraid of being flamed or criticized. As such, they just don't say much. That has been a problem with this forum for some time.

Look at my one and only post in this forum. I expressed concern and discontent over how some people handle themselves on this forum, seemingly people that are completely socially awkward and unable to understand the appropriate way to talk to other people.

And I got attacked.

The amount of hostility and arrogance here is disturbing, and its a continued cycle that has pushed many people away.

If some of our members could simply learn how to say things without being disrespectful while being considerate of other people, then these problems wouldn't exist.

I think 99% of the people on this site play well with others. The last 1%, not so much.

The reefer

Everyone need to remember that this is everyone's own opinion. Whether it is good or bad u don't need to take it to the heart and get ur feelings hurt. To each there own and that's all. It's always good to have both feedback that way ppl that r looking into that product they will have pros and cons. People need to stop being so sensitive if they don't read what they want.

SkullV

Look at my one and only post in this forum. I expressed concern and discontent over how some people handle themselves on this forum, seemingly people that are completely socially awkward and unable to understand the appropriate way to talk to other people.

And I got attacked.
The reason you get attacked is because you add little tidbits like this to nearly post you make.

I have met most of the major contributors to this site, and I honestly can't think of one who is socially awkward.

The bottom line is this site and any site, is if you don't like the way other people are posting, talking, discussing, whatever, go away and don't post. The site will ALWAYS go on without you.