Bonaire *Many pics*

Joe Lydon

My stay at Buddy Dive resort in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles. Most of these photos are off Klein Bonaire's coast, some right off the back of the resort. The baitball was right off the back of the resort, during my last 15 minutes in the water before we left..

One of my favorite places in the Caribbean. Buddy Dive is TOP notch.

Sorry about the quality, everything was done with a cheap Fuji underwater camera and while holding my breath (I don't dive.. YET!)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gMwzJAxEk

Look closely! Yikes!

Fry!

One of my favorite photos I've ever taken..

Joe Lydon

Awesome! Did you spear the lionfish?
If I had a spear, I would have! Bonaire's Most Wanted.. Kill on sight! :) I plan to get the cert next time I go. They're everywhere. I also wanna check out the frag nursery on Buddy's reef. They are getting ready to transplant the year ild frags to destroyed areas.

Joe Lydon

Wow love the pics man looked like great time
It was pretty amazing! Klein Bonaire was the best, I kayaked out there from the main island and snorkeled the drift wall. Most of the reef is intact out there. The majority of the main island's coast is rubble until you reach about 30' depths. Sorobon beach was also pretty great. I saw a porcupine puffer who's head was larger than the diameter of a basketball and I swear, nearly 3' in length. It's so laid back and "safe" feeling in Bonaire, unlike many other caribbean islands I've been to.

roilciuc

you were being sarcastic when you said these were taken with a cheap camera right? You have a water case for a SLR?

Joe Lydon

you were being sarcastic when you said these were taken with a cheap camera right? You have a water case for a SLR?
Nope, it was a waterproof Fuji something for like $220 with tax. It was rated for 15' depths, I pushed it to 30' while free diving and it held up, aside from the zoom malfunctioning. It was a last minute buy vs disposables. It worked out Ok though.

Thanks!

Joe Lydon

wow great pics... thanks for sharing, i am gonna look up tickets and see how much they are :)
I'm going for a month, at some point this year. Going for Buddy Dive's GoPro 3 package. I wanna add open water dive instructor to my skill set. Delta does weekend flights. I ended up flying into Curacao, then jumping into a small passenger plane from there to Bonaire.

madjoe

Premium member
I have same camera they work great and take better underwater pics then regular lol paid 160 for mine on a cruise 10 mega pixel

fwadiver

piece of advice, zero to hero programs are a bad idea, get your open water first, then spend some time diving before you try and go pro

Cubbies

Seriously, awesome pictures! Would've never thought it was a a fuji. Thanks for sharing that looks amazing!

Joe Lydon

piece of advice, zero to hero programs are a bad idea, get your open water first, then spend some time diving before you try and go pro
I'm getting my open water cert in May at the quarry and I'll be diving all Summer. I will go through the instructor program sometime in November/December. I know it's something I want, it's part of a bigger plan I have. Thanks for the advice though, it's always welcome and I'm sure I will be racking your brain over the next year for more info! Maybe we could go diving?