Bretts 210 peninsula build

bretts05jeep

I have had this tank for a couple years and I just moved into a new house about 3 months so Its time to start putting it to use.

bretts05jeep

Here is an update on where Im at. I've got the electrical run and hooked up. I aquascaped with 150lbs of BRS dry rock and mounted my light. Its an Aquacticics Constellation 72" T5.

ultimatemj

Exciting! Looks great!

just out of curiosity, did you consider running the plumbing through the floor? Putting my sump in the basement was the best thing I ever did for my setup!

bretts05jeep

just out of curiosity, did you consider running the plumbing through the floor? Putting my sump in the basement was the best thing I ever did for my setup!
It has crossed my mind but I decided to put everything under the tank. There will be a fish room in the basement but it is going to be 40ft away and I didn't want to run a circulation loop that far.

bretts05jeep

Here is the plumbing I got done yesterday. I underestimated how long it takes to measure and glue everything. I got my supply's and returns plumbed and I also ran three pieces of PVC through the floor for fresh water up, clean saltwater up, and dirty salt water down. As always its hard to get clear shots of plumbing.

bretts05jeep

Tank has been up and running for three months. Right now Im running a Reefoctopus SRO2000 for a skimmer. Will want to upgrade to something a little larger down the line. Its set up with an apex for control but I will need to a some more outlets soon because they are all filled and everything is not running off it right now. For my ATO I have a tunze osmolator and a 37 tall cube under the tank. This is perfect because I only have to fill it about every three weeks. I just set up my BRS dosing this week. Now that the tank is a few months old I am starting to see some growth on the SPS though its still on the slow side for most things.