Brett's 30g rimless

brettz16

Brett's 30g pic update

Well i just got started on my new build so i figured i can start a build thread. As most of you read, I am breaking down my 75 and temporarily going to a smaller tank. Once i get the appropriate funds and house, I will make my way back up to a 120 dd or something.

Today i will be purchasing a 30g JBJ rimless tank and some stand that i haven't decided on yet. I have a peninsula style wall in my kitchen that would be perfect for the tank. I just finished moving the thermostat and will be patching up the drywall and painting this weekend. I purchased a it2040 from the GB and will somehow hide the fixture and wires similar to my 75 setup.

Once i have the fixture tank and stand, its just transferring the water, sand rock, etc to the new tank. I am going to try and build a bonsai style formation.

I am keeping the RKL, 1 mp10wes, and dosers so that sps shouldn't be too hard to do. I will need to pick up a skimmer eventually and figure out how to do a auto top off. My last set up used a aqua lifter pump turned on 4 times/day at 5mins each time that went directly to a float valve in the sump. It worked perfect and i would like to do it again but don't know how im going to add a float valve in the back of the tank.

View attachment 15972
View attachment 15973

brettz16

Some updates...
I decided to try out a different filtering method with an InTank Media basket. I bough the "scrap" on for much cheaper then brand new. Its just missing the handle, no big deal. I also wanted to try out using purigen, Chemi-pure and floss. I heard good results on all. I also received a hydor skimmer that seams to be working well already.

i did come home to hear my mp10 making a loud noise. took it apart and seen that the ceramic shaft broke. Ecotech was quick with sending a repair though.

Therefore i think my set up is finished as far as equipment goes. Lmk what you think.

View attachment 17166View attachment 17167View attachment 17168View attachment 17169View attachment 17170View attachment 17171View attachment 17172

brettz16

Suprised the tang police haven't given you a citation
yeah me too. Truth is i could not resist the little guy. hes actually a yellow belly about 1.5" I already have two tanks > than 200g ready for him when he gets a little bigger.

Here are a couple updated photos thanks to Kratos.

View attachment 17488View attachment 17489View attachment 17490View attachment 17491View attachment 17492View attachment 17493View attachment 17494View attachment 17495View attachment 17496View attachment 17497View attachment 17498View attachment 17499View attachment 17500View attachment 17501

kratos1028

Those pictures came out great. I wasn't able to check it on my computer yet but now I don't need too lol