bristle invasion

slumpysix

in one of my tanks, I noticed a crazy number of bristle worms. I'm talking many many. I just have a pair of clowns in there,LR and some xenia now. Any course of action I should take? I know its ok to have them in the tank but I can only imagine if I let it go any further. They must have been in the rock I got from the LFS.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
If you decide to trap them please let me know. I'd love to put some in my fowlr, they are awesome detritus eaters.

Otherwise you can leave them alone. They will reduce their popluation as their food source dwindles. (They will also increase if it increases)

slumpysix

I was thinking of trapping them but do not know how to go about it. I have a monster arrow crab in the big tank. Maybe he could go hunting. I saw him one day with one in his claw.

mr_z

I have a ton of smaller ones also ive been picking them out one by one when i get a chance i dipped my gsp the other day because i saw 2 on it and like 5 ended up coming out of there. But i do see more almost everyday i have some chalice, gsp, clove polyps, palys, pom pom will they bother any of those?

I knew I had a few bristle worms but when I used Flatworm Exit they all came out of hiding. I only took the big ones wider than 1/4". About four of them. I left all smaller ones in. My tank is small. Just a 29 gallon. They have their role in the CUC though. Dead things barely last an hour in my tank.

Sent from my EVO 3D

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I have a ton of smaller ones also ive been picking them out one by one when i get a chance i dipped my gsp the other day because i saw 2 on it and like 5 ended up coming out of there. But i do see more almost everyday i have some chalice, gsp, clove polyps, palys, pom pom will they bother any of those?
They won't bother any of your coral. I'd leave them alone.

AC-WEB

Melanururs Wrasse. I bought it for prevention of pest such as flatworms, but he mowed through a bristleworm problem I was having.