brook, velvet or.....

lunacris

so my clownfish took to my blue gig really fast and has been playing in it since day 1 . i recently noticed white on the clown like a coating started near mouth and head then made its way over the whole clown . clown isnt acting funny no heavy breathing and still eating fine. now i thought maybe from the nem but that usually shows as lil black dots like a burn . which is also present . so i pulled clown last night and put into qt (untreated at the moment ) and clown no longer has the white hue to it and still acting normal. what says you guys anyone have this happen ? and dummy me acted before thinking so no picture of what it looked like . any help or ideas i can go off of ?

madjoe

Premium member
Sounds like irritated from nem which caused it produce heavy slime coat to protect it self just my thought

lunacris

^ thats what im thinking , i still have the clown in qt untreated and still alive . i would assume by now it would have died from the other alternatives .....idk crazy fishes. ill monitor it and see what happens .

madjoe

Premium member
I know i heard gigs have heavy sting and some clowns host certain nems in wild so maybe not use to that type of nem lot of people i see with gigs have skunk clowns i believe