Brookfield zoo visit

Steve1986

Just visited Brookfield zoo a couple of days ago and wanted to share some pictures. Here's my kids in one if the exhibits
View attachment 17559
Here's their reef tank
View attachment 17560
This is a short video of the filtration area for the stingray exhibit , the skimmer is huge, it's at least 7' tall.
[video=youtube_share;pfMSQBXETwY]http://youtu.be/pfMSQBXETwY[/video]

frostyjay1

How fun!!!! I need to get my kids there. Shame school is starting already. Where did the faux summer go

Steve1986

It's free for everyone tues & thur from October to December , so maybe you can play hooky with your kids one day bro lol

frostyjay1

I would love too, but my eldest kid hasn't missed a day of school for the last 4 years. She refuses to. Has gone to school sick as a dog... IDK what is wrong with her. I would jump on any chance to miss a day

Steve1986

I would love too, but my eldest kid hasn't missed a day of school for the last 4 years. She refuses to. Has gone to school sick as a dog... IDK what is wrong with her. I would jump on any chance to miss a day
Lmao , just like me when I was a kid , I would of jumped on any opportunity that came up.

ColaAddict

That skimmer is gigantic! I wonder if someone has to physically go in the skimmate section to clean it, that would be nasty

Steve1986

didnt realize Brookfield had a reef tank...i must visit now...
They have 4-5 tanks all of them pretty small but that one in the picture has to be at least 400 gal!
That skimmer is gigantic! I wonder if someone has to physically go in the skimmate section to clean it, that would be nasty
That thing is a beast, it's got to be a bad job cleaning that up but I would gladly take that job if I would get a job there! Lol