Water Parameters

Nitate 0
Phosphates .25
Mag 1300
Cal 430
Alk 9.5

Any suggestions

jm23

Pictures? Check out this link to figure out which type of algae it is: https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium/nuisance-algae-id-guide

Algae is a sign that you have higher levels of phosphates in your tank. This is normal in a new tank, using dry rock or old live rock, overfeeding, poor skimmer, no water changes, etc. If it is just film algae on the glass, this is quite normal even in mature tanks with low level of phosphates and why people use mag floats or something similar to wipe the glass clean.

chriz2

Thanks for the help

The tank is 1.5 yeas old and running great. It's the glass algae that's worrid me but i guess that can be normal

Pufferpunk

I don't know of any reefer who doesn't keep a Mag-float in a back corner of their tank for a quick daily glass swiping. ;)

caragol

Yeah, I get a film on the front glass too. Gives the snails something to do. As long as there's no hair algae or cyano buildup pointing to a larger nutrient issue, I say +1 mag float and give it a swipe every so often.

tkh

I don't know of any reefer who doesn't keep a Mag-float in a back corner of their tank for a quick daily glass swiping. ;)
I don't! I have a mag float on hand though, just in case, but I prefer cleaning with a razorblade thing, after learning the hard way what sand+mag float+enthusiastic cleaning does to glass...... Definitely always have something handy for an easy clean though!

caragol

True about the sand thing, but for me it wasn't sand. It was the tiny spiral feather dusters that like to grow on the glass.

tkh

Those things will cause scratches too! Jeez, lol, all the more reason to use a razor....