BRS 2 part and FUEL dosing... thoughts?

rosko23

Ok so I ordered a Bubble Magus 3 doser today.. I was going to dose Calcium and Alk, but I was not sure what to think about Mag. I was talking to Jonathan from Premium Aquatics this weekend at MACI and he suggested Cal, ALk and AquaVitro Fuel by Seachem. What do you guys think?

Smitty

Premium member
I'm not sure about the 2 part, but I have dosed "fuel" for about a year, with great results. The only thing you should watch out for is dosing too much, which could cause algae issues. Whatever the bottle says to dose, you should dose half of that recommended amount. The corals will love you for it, and put out great polyp extension and colors.

rosko23

Cool thanks, I am going to check it out... I'm just going to order the 2 part kit and the fuel... and see how it goes with the Cal, Alk and Mag.. If my Mag stays stable, then I'll stop Mag and use that pump for Fuel if not , then I'll add another dosing pump for Fuel as well as the 3 for the 2 part.

I does Sea Chem's Reef Fusion Calc and Alk. I dose half the amount and retest the next day...then I dose again. What is this Fuel stuff?

Smitty

Premium member
Fuel is a blend of carbohydrates, amino acids and other vitamins/minerals that help fuel the growth of your corals, and give great polyp extension.

The reefer

I've been dosing seach reef fusion also and have been getting great results. If u need more info on it ted is the one who got me dosing this. He was dosing on his reef tank and his corals were doing awesome. It's a shame he is not here to comment on it though. But just give a pm on uf and he will let u know what he thinks of it also.
Plus he had that exact doser also.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Fuel is a blend of carbohydrates, amino acids and other vitamins/minerals that help fuel the growth of your corals, and give great polyp extension.
I recently did some research on Fuel. (I presently dose Seachem's Reef Plus, which I think is basically the same except it doesn't have carbohydrates, just amino's and vitamens.)

What I found out is that Fuel was geared towards tanks with very low nutrients (ulns). (Disclaimer; this opinion came from a reefer in Atlanta who was provided this information by a Seachem employee who was a guest speaker at their local club meeting.) In an ulns this stuff is supposed to work wonders. However, if you are not zero NO3 or PO4 (or close to zero) then it will "fuel' algae....big time! If you're not ulns or close to it you might want to consider Seachem's Reef Plus. I have see nice visible results using this.

Since I run an ulns, I'm going to give the Fuel a shot once I run out of Reef Plus. If you try it, please let us know how it works for you.

rosko23

Thanks for the info. I was told my multiple people that they suggested using half the recommended dose at first due to the algae issue it was Capable of causing.

I will let u know how it works when I start... May be a while though.

I recently did some research on Fuel. (I presently dose Seachem's Reef Plus, which I think is basically the same except it doesn't have carbohydrates, just amino's and vitamens.)

What I found out is that Fuel was geared towards tanks with very low nutrients (ulns). (Disclaimer; this opinion came from a reefer in Atlanta who was provided this information by a Seachem employee who was a guest speaker at their local club meeting.) In an ulns this stuff is supposed to work wonders. However, if you are not zero NO3 or PO4 (or close to zero) then it will "fuel' algae....big time! If you're not ulns or close to it you might want to consider Seachem's Reef Plus. I have see nice visible results using this.

Since I run an ulns, I'm going to give the Fuel a shot once I run out of Reef Plus. If you try it, please let us know how it works for you.