BRS Site Data Hack

rowdie

Hey guys, I got a letter in the mail from BRS today informing me that personal data for customers who logged in between July 30, 2014 has been compromised. Data taken includes customer's names, addresses, telephone numbers, email address/username, password and credit card info. BRS is giving everyone affected 1 year of free membership to an identity protection service.

I'm bringing this up because I was a victim of credit card fraud in early January and it looks like this BRS security breach is likely the cause of it (props to Chase on their customer service with this). I personally would advise that anyone who brought something from BRS during this time frame or had credit card info saved to the site to call your credit card company and request a replacement card. It's much simpler to have your credit card cancelled and replaced with a new number then fixing everything after being a victim of fraud.

Also change any password that is the same as the one you use for BRS site login (email/other logins/etc).

I sure a lot of you will get this letter as well, but I just wanted to give this advise in hopes that it can spare some people the headache and stress.

DanzReef

Got this as well, for a second I thought it was a scam since it came with a free credit report trial thing but guess it was real.