BRS Stolen information!!!!

DJE

Not sure if everyone is aware but thought I post this. This is directly from the BRS website under Security Update.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/security-update

February 18, 2015

We want to express our sincere regret to the customers of Bulk Reef Supply whose personal information was stolen from our website server. BulkReefSupply.com ("BRS") learned of a data security incident caused by an outside hacker intrusion to its website. While we are continuing to investigate this incident, we do know that some customer data for customers who logged into the website from July 30, 2014 until January 30, 2015 may have been compromised.

The outside cyber hacker intrusion was initially discovered on January 21, 2015 and the data compromise was contained and corrected on January 22, 2015. Further corrective action occurred on January 30th. This incident involved the name, address, telephone number, email address/user name, password and credit card information of some customers. The information DID NOT include SSN, personal health information or Fed ID. As a result, the personal information of some customers may have been potentially exposed to others. Please be assured that BRS has taken every step necessary to address the incident, and that we are committed to fully protecting all of the information that you have entrusted to us.

As soon as BRS discovered this potential issue, a forensic expert company was retained and the intrusion was isolated and stopped. Forensic analysis was performed and it was confirmed that the problem was corrected. Besides immediately securing the site and information in question, BRS added additional protections to the locations of the personal information and put monitoring measures in place to insure this attack has been stopped and will not occur in the future. BRS is confident that the risk of any potential future or ongoing breach has been mitigated. BRS has also notified law enforcement and provided it with all the information about this intrusion.

BRS is encouraging customers to take steps to protect their identity and financial information. Customers affected by this incident will receive written notification from Bulk Reef Supply in the next few days detailing the data which has been compromised and the steps to take to receive credit-monitoring services and other credit-protection services free-of-charge.

You should also change your BRS account password for additional protection.

We sincerely apologize for this incident, regret any inconvenience it may cause you and encourage you to take advantage of the credit-monitoring services and other credit-protection services. Should you have questions or concerns regarding this matter and/or the protections available to you, please do not hesitate to contact us at 763-432-9691.

7Hogwarts

Premium member
I too, use paypal whenever I can.
And No, your Paypal account should not have been compromised. However, with any site it is recommended change your passwords every couple of months.

labas39

Thanks for the heads up! Just logged in there and changed my password. I had no credit cards on file.

chewal

Premium member
I have 4 charges on my credit card this month from accompany called Gazelle totaling $6931.032 just received the bill today called cc company and cancelled card

chewal

Premium member
After talking to the credit card peopled it appears what they did with mine was first ship out something ups for 21.00 then usps for 40.00 then the big charges came they told me not to worry but who knows I don't understand how they let these charges go thru

98silverado

That happened to me once with my debit card. Charged it for a small amount then it got refunded and I noticed it so I drained the account and then they went to hit it for 1,000

jrpark22000

Premium member
It's the third company in the last 6 months that I've dealt with who have been hacked. I'm not happy how long BRS kept this under wraps, they could have informed customer much sooner. The good bit is the letter I received in the mail today from them. They're giving Experians ProtectMyID Alert, don't now much about the service but will be doing research.

madjoe

Premium member
It's the third company in the last 6 months that I've dealt with who have been hacked. I'm not happy how long BRS kept this under wraps, they could have informed customer much sooner. The good bit is the letter I received in the mail today from them. They're giving Experians ProtectMyID Alert, don't now much about the service but will be doing research.
u get hit too

rockhead

I like dealing with cash in a way so when I have it I get my brs total and get a visa gift card for that amount, I've been hit in the past on my bank account and credit cards. Going with a gift card they can try and try, but no soup for you. Hope everything works out for everyone that was hit I've been there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk