Brute 55 gal trash can

RJDENNIS

I am looking for the Rubbermaid Commercial grade Brute 55 gal cans to make my own RO/DI water and cant seem to find any stores in my area that carry them. I have looked at Menards, Lowes and Homedepot but none of them carry them.
I can order them from Menards but you have to buy 3 but I dont need 3
Where do you find yours?
I live in the Kankakee area

yogoshio

FWIW, the Rubbermaid 50 gallon with two wheels works awesome for me. And its still a rubbermaid, so its water potable, and is only like $28.

FWIW, the Rubbermaid 50 gallon with two wheels works awesome for me. And its still a rubbermaid, so its water potable, and is only like $28.

The one with 2 wheels from menards falls over when it is full. A few other people had it happen too. I luckily had it happen out side so it wasn't that bad. The tricky part was that I all ready drilled a one inch hole in it for a bulkhead. I returned it a few weeks later and they didnt notice the hole.

yogoshio

I've never had mine filled more than 3/4 full, so that could very well be the case. But if its going in a stable spot, you can lock the wheels or put a stopper behind it or just lean it against the wall...

RJDENNIS

Ok here comes another dumb noob question.....
How high do you fill your 55g Brute cans with RO/DI water and how many gallons would it actually hold?
I assume you dont fill it to the top.
My question is because I would like to mix the salt in one of the 55g cans and use the other for plain RO/DI water for top offs

I've never had mine filled more than 3/4 full, so that could very well be the case. But if its going in a stable spot, you can lock the wheels or put a stopper behind it or just lean it against the wall...
When you fill it all the way the plastic actually folds over and causes it to tip. I am so glad I test filled it outside on the deck by the pool my first time lol.