BTS at Shedd

brettz16

This weekend i got a chance to go behind the scenes at the Shedd Aquarium. I was with someone who work their, however i believe they offer a tour to the public for an extra fee. If you get a chance, i highly suggest doing it. I was able to hold jelly fish, feed 200lb catfish and see all the acclimation/propagation tanks the public never sees. And just wait until you see the skimmers they have for the shark tank.

I wish i could post some pictures but i was told not too.

Funlad3

This weekend i got a chance to go behind the scenes at the Shedd Aquarium. I was with someone who work their, however i believe they offer a tour to the public for an extra fee. If you get a chance, i highly suggest doing it. I was able to hold jelly fish, feed 200lb catfish and see all the acclimation/propagation tanks the public never sees. And just wait until you see the skimmers they have for the shark tank.

I wish i could post some pictures but i was told not too.
Brett; I've been lucky enough to take a tour with the staff, and I too saw all of that. The normal tour, however, doesn't take you back to the secret coral area, doesn't take you to the jelly area, and I don't beleive that it takes you to the top of the Shark tank, either.

Connections are where it's at!!

CienFuegos

Premium member
I heard the public tour is 75 but by the sounds of it that's not the one to take since I'd like to see the Secret coral area, filtration systems..... hummm

brettz16

I heard the public tour is 75 but by the sounds of it that's not the one to take since I'd like to see the Secret coral area, filtration systems..... hummm
Correct. Fortunalty i knew someone and was able to take a "secret" tour. Your right, i think the public version isn't as in depth, but it still may be something to experience.