Bubble Algae

ejwan

I have been fighting bubble algae for a while now. its not bad, but I don't like it .
Its seems hard to find any hard info on it. Has anyone had success dealing with it? I know not to break the bubbles to prevent spreading, but is there any treatment?

Irsug1

Premium member
Manual removal outside of tank. I have had no luck with any livestock getting rid of it.

anarchy

Rabbitfish eat it. My blue spotted rabbit loves it. I've seen gold spotted rabbit eat it and I think scribbled rabbits will too. Like anything it's hit or miss. Alot of people say emerald crabs also

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

maidia

Team CR
I just bought a rabbit fish last week and just saw he eat the bubble algaes this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

I will buy more emeral crab

opie77

I had some BA. All my rock work is cemented so I cant pull out any problem areas. Took a piece of hard plastic tubing and cut it at an angle. Made it sharp and shoved a hose on the other end. Start a siphon and scrape away the bubble algae. Just have a few gallons of saltwater ready.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
The best way I have found to get it out is siphoning it into my filter sock before a water change. I get a lot more time siphoning it into the filter sock then a bucket.

manual removal is probably the fastest to start. break the algae while siphoning the area to minimize spore release. After that, keep up with water changes and add positive pressure to rid the algae with emerald crabs or foxfaces if your tank is large enough.

ejwan

Thanks everyone for the advice. 1 have tried everything except the fish. I have been taking the affected rock out and cleaning it, then rinsing it off. Usually works without more spreading. I'll try the emerald crabs again.