Bubble tip acclimation

amv9107

Hey everyone I am new to this site as well as new to saltwater. I have been doing freshwater for 20yrs or so & decided it was finally time to get into saltwater. So I have had my 120gal up & running for a few months now & I just got a bubble tip anenome & was wondering what is the proper way to acclimate it. I currently have it on a drip. Thanks

DAS212

Welcome! I'd float him in the bag to equalize temp and slap that bad boy it. I never drip unless its expensive or sensitive fish or coral

Tethered_Limbs

Welcome! I'd float him in the bag to equalize temp and slap that bad boy it. I never drip unless its expensive or sensitive fish or coral
wow, keep dripping him. drip till the SG in the bucket matches the SG in your display. should take an ~hour. the drip doesnt need to be very fast, 3-4 drips a sec

Tethered_Limbs

still pretty new, but hopefully thats ok. besides your return pump do you have any other pumps in the tank? lights sound good

amv9107

Yeah I have to circulation pumps as well. I have 2 perculas, 2 blue/green chromis, cleaner wrasse, watchman goby, scarlet pin-stripe wrasse, & of course a bunch of snails & crabs. They have all been in for a month or so & doing great.

gonebad395

Sounds good but in all reality you want to wait for anenomes for at least a year old established tank but good luck

Tethered_Limbs

gently place it into a crevice or hole, and try and keep it there till its foot attaches. like keith said, your tank is still quite new, hope he does well.

amv9107

Yeah this current tank like I said is 4-5 months old but all of my rock has been established for over a year & I had all the fish in a 36gal bowfront for a few months before this tank so I was hoping that would help the whole process a little.

Jep21

+1 on Erik's method.. I would drip acclimate for about 2 hours and then place it in the tank..

Jep21

Also after placing the anemone in the tank u should keep a close eye on it.. Nems are 50/50 if they dnt like the tank they dnt like it and if they like it they like it.. If its not doing to well after a couple days take it out of ur tank to prevent any damage to any fish inverts or corals

jm23

I finally got my first nem (3 actually), I am using black egg-crate to corner them where I want them to be. I cut a few slots for the fish to swim through. So far so good, the larger rainbow nem was moving around a lot (even floated about within the egg-crate) and would bump up against the egg-crate, but has since settled down. The egg-crate to me is a great way to prevent them from becoming sushi in a powerhead, which the rainbow would have had I not had the egg-crate. Just an idea that worked for me. GL

CoralN00b

My experience on this was completely different. When I got my first nem, I got it after about 6 months of my tank being up and running. I placed him in a bag and let him float, and i dropped some water in little by little every few minutes or so with a syringe. (I know, what a n00b)

After an hour, I put a little more water and then I placed him in the tank. Around 2 hours total. He stayed balled up for a while and bounced around my tank. After about 30 minutes he opened up just fine. The only issue I had was he moved around alot. He finally settled on my glass and opened up huge! After a year, he has grown at least 3 times in size.

He is the hardiest thing in my tank. Only him and my Diamond Watchman Goby survived my crash a few months ago. I love nems. Even though they move around alot, once they settle in they are great. Mine is getting too big for my tank so I need to move him on.

madjoe

Premium member
wow acclimating bubble nems . I just chuck em in the tank stick it in a spot I want it and conditions seem right . sometimes they move sometimes they stay . I got rid of mine once my clowns were gone. good luck bubbles aren't to bad those dang carpet ones though man they can kill

oh yea ps im not telling u to do what I do im just stating what I do . I never lost one btw