Bubbles?

dtrm

I lost my sailfin last week only had him a week first 3 days was great then looked like tiny air bubbles on fins, came home and the kids said that he didn't look so good so they put her in a diffrent tank, in the same water loop. I also have a coral angle that is looking like the same thing. I shortened up my light cycle and seems to help on the bubbles. I will try to post a better picture of the coral angle tonight. Here is the sailfin b4 switching tanks. I also have a foxface not seeing any bubbles but a cupple of dots the cleaner shrimp and fox face are best friends Is it ich??????

BADGUS

Garlic doesn't do much for sick fish,if it does anything it's thru a regular dose of garlic in their food before an outbreak.Either take it out and treat with copper or let it be and maybe it will be ok.

ColaAddict

Just my experience, but a hospital tank has never worked for me 100%. If youre gonna try leaving the tank alone, I don't think it's a bad thing to throw in a pinch of minced garlic in there everyday. that has worked wonders for me when I used to have ich outbreaks after introducing my tangs. it helps to improve the other fishes immune system and keep them eating, which definitely helps to fight the parasite. the theory behind garlic is that they permeate the fish's skin/scales and ich hates that, which helps to control the outbreak. and you don'thave to worry about trying to catch the fish. treat the whole tank. Garlic is also reef safe.

lunacris

im with the last post that said what has worked for me might or might not work for u i had a outbreak of ich in my reef 2 times once was my false percs and the other was my hippo after tank transfer heres what i did first started adding garlic to food regularly and directly to tank also purchased a all natural bottle of ich attac the medicine had no ill affects on my reef inhabitants clams shrimp corals just me it smell like death and hopefully your system isnt too large cause u have to dose alot for a week good luck but worked for me twice i now dose my food evry few days with garlic to buil up in system good luck keep us posted

I tried the garlic thing plus large water changes and lost over half of my fish I had for over 4 years... quarantine quarantine quarantine quarantine

ColaAddict

Hey, whichever method you choose, good luck. that cleaner shrimp's doing a great job cleaning your angel. I don't know if they get into the gills though. monitor your angel's breathing. Angel's a pain in the butt to catch if you have a bunch of rocks. So if you go with the QT, good luck catching them. sometimes catching them stresses them out too much. that's another reason why I treated the whole my whole tank, which I was fortunate enough to work for me. I didn't just use a little bit of garlic with food, I dosed the whole tank with garlic.