Bulb Questions

Saltpete

I'm looking to replace my t5 bulbs on my nova extreme 8 bulb fixture. I have a 90 gallon reef with LPS and softies, no sps. Was wondering if someone could help me on a decent brand of bulb and also where to purchase. Also looking for some suggestions on colors. Thanks in advance. Pete

Wildisme

I prefer ATI or KZ. As far as color it's wide open. It's easier if you give a color and we can help give you a bulb choice to get there.

Do you prefer a white with tint of blue like 10k a nice mix of blue white 14k a deep deep blue?

Also I can get you any bulbs you need and ill price match anyone on the net.

Saledo

I prefer ATI or KZ. As far as color it's wide open. It's easier if you give a color and we can help give you a bulb choice to get there.

Do you prefer a white with tint of blue like 10k a nice mix of blue white 14k a deep deep blue?

Also I can get you any bulbs you need and ill price match anyone on the net.
Sending u a pm I need some new bulbs

reeferlover

Order online. Aquatica is expensive. And kinda of cocky. Just saying. In have had them dog the "little guys" that don't carry what they carry. Referencing other stores in the area.

Saledo

I sent a PM to Wilsidme and he got the bulbs I wanted in fast and matched online pricing. I'm picking them up Sunday hopefully and get to see his shop. If your near his location u might want to give him a try

Dave

poidog

Bulk reef supply packages great with no added shipping charges. Ig you want your corals to pop lick crazy this is best for LPS
5 ATI blue+
2 ATI actinic
1 ATI coral+

Watch out on the purple+ and KZ Fiji as they are pretty white bulbs.

Saltpete

Wanted to thank you again Cordero, I appreciate you helping me with the bulb selection and especially ordering them for me. Was nice meeting you and thanks again for everything. Pete

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
With 8 bulbs how would you guys go about the lighting schedule, two timers with four on each. Thanks, Pete
Yep. You could do 10-12 hours for the first 4 and then 7-8 hrs. for the next 4.

For the first 4 I'd run 2 actinics and 2 blue+'s (assuming you went with ATI bulbs).

Saltpete

So just overlap them a couple hours? I went with the KZ bulbs but not really the blue I was hoping for. Might look to try to get a more blue look.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Yep, I ran four for 12hours and all 8 for 8 hours. I only ran ATI so I can't really comment on the KZ's. For a nice blue look you probably only want to run 2 daylight bulbs and the rest 460nm and maybe one 420nm.