Bulkheads leaking

akopley

I’m losing my mind over my bulkheads. All three are leaking and I can’t tighten them anymore than I already have. I’m in Bucktown and willing to pay if someone can help me. I think there’s a tool you can use but it’s super tight space. See pic. Someone please help a brother out. I’m supposed to pick up livestock this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty

Premium member
Yeah, those gaskets(rubber rings) may be upside down. The smooth side should be towards the glass side, and the ridge side should be towards the actual bulkhead.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

akopley

Yeah, those gaskets(rubber rings) may be upside down. The smooth side should be towards the glass side, and the ridge side should be towards the actual bulkhead.

I did it the opposite but that’s what I was told by company I got tank from.

carpetreef75

Premium member
just throwing it out there sometimes too tight is no good either (get your mind out of the gutter ) i have same set up and leaked 100 gallons and was to tight i backed off with chanel locks ..good luck getting it stopped & prolly some local CR reefer will stop by and show ya how its done ..
Bryan

akopley

just throwing it out there sometimes too tight is no good either (get your mind out of the gutter ) i have same set up and leaked 100 gallons and was to tight i backed off with chanel locks ..good luck getting it stopped & prolly some local CR reefer will stop by and show ya how its done ..
Bryan
I think I’m too tight also. I would love to have someone by for a beer and some assistance. My hands are beaten and bloody. I think a tool or some skill is necessary at this point.

Smitty

Premium member
Right, it's supposed to be in the overflow box(on the wet side), but the actual rubber ring has two sides. 1 flat side and 1 rigged side. The smooth, flat side should be touching the glass, and not the plastic.

akopley

Right, it's supposed to be in the overflow box(on the wet side), but the actual rubber ring has two sides. 1 flat side and 1 rigged side. The smooth, flat side should be touching the glass, and not the plastic.

Well that’s the opposite of what the manufacturer of the tank told me. They said rigid side to the glass and that’s what I did. I would have to cut some pipe to undo that but would be more than willing to redo a section of plumbing to get this right.

Smitty

Premium member
Well that’s the opposite of what the manufacturer of the tank told me. They said rigid side to the glass and that’s what I did. I would have to cut some pipe to undo that but would be more than willing to redo a section of plumbing to get this right.

Ok cool. Good luck with everything. Hopefully you get it fixed. ☺

akopley

Ok cool. Good luck with everything. Hopefully you get it fixed. ☺

I’m not saying that’s right...I just emailed the manufacturer asking for confirmation. This is so frustrating!

akopley

Big shout out to Kevin aka fish wiz. What a cool dude and my current savior. Free Frags for life!