Cacique build

CienFuegos

Premium member
Well, I'm dipping my feet back in to this cruel mistress we call a reef hobby.. lol

Im looking to setup a 40 Breeder mixed reef tank since on my last build, I was finally successful in keeping SPS corals. So far I have the following equipment.

40 Breeder Non drilled
2 Jebao RW-4 wave makers
ReefOctupus Classic 1000 HOB
Apex jr
HomeDepot fuge light
RODI unit
2 5 gallon jugs (one for fresh water & the other mixing)
Dry rock
Live sand
Heaters
HOB fuge

Last edited:

CienFuegos

Premium member
Just an update on how I'm currently planning the build.

The 40 is setup with the Herbie overflow which I've used before and was happy with. The water will flow thru a filter sock in the first chamber of the sump which will also house the protein skimmer. The second chamber will be for the fuge. Last time I used miracle mud and sand, which I'll forego this time around and just use rubble rock and cheato. For light in the fuge I'll be using the HD lighting. The third chamber will have the return pump and also a media reactor which will be used for the GFO. I'm also thinking of using a check value on the water the return, and the Accel Aquatics to add more flow as the water is introduce to the DT (I really liked the AquaticLife Macro Aqua Flow Swing Wavemaker as well so if anyone has used this before, your input is welcomed).

I'm also considering adding the CUC before any fish are introduced into the DT (I'll be adding small amounts of food so that they do not die of starvation till the fish are added). I'm thinking of adding 5 Nassrius snails, 5 Blue and 5 Red hermit crabs, Astraea Snail. I'm also going to added pods in the DT and fuge before the fish go in.

Last edited:

CienFuegos

Premium member
Thanks to some fellow reef peeps I got the dry sand and heaters. Just need to get a check value, PVC flex tubing and new filters for the 4 stage RODI unit.

- - - Updated - - -

looking forward to some pics!
I'll start adding pics soon.

Last edited:

CienFuegos

Premium member
The dry sand and heaters have been acquired.

I'm also thinking of changing directions with the lights I want to use. I was having issues with my old AI LEDs and a reefer who's name can't be named (MJ) is looking that them for me to see if he help and getting working again. This brings us to a stand for the 40 Breeder. As any reef with a 40 breeder knows, finding a stand for this tank is almost impossible so I've been thinking go building one.

As I go over the build in my head, I realized that I'm also going to need a check value.

Below are some pics of the equipment I have so far.
View attachment 22184View attachment 22185View attachment 22186View attachment 22187View attachment 22188View attachment 22189View attachment 22190View attachment 22191View attachment 22192

Last edited:

CienFuegos

Premium member
MJ was able to find out what was wrong with both of my old AI SOL Blue LEDs so I'm going to store the T5s just in case. I'm also wanting to change the overflow that is currently on the tank to a Eshopp Eclipse S overflow since I'd rather have the Herbie setup. I would of also liked to tried the Bean animal like the synergy but the smallest one they currently have is to bug for the 40B.

CienFuegos

Premium member
The replacement fans came in for my AI SOL LEDs. A big thanks to Madjoe (I know he’s not on here but still) for helping out and trying to fix them for me.

madjoe

Premium member
Ok ed im back so no more excuses i have your lights fixed i know you have a tank a stand heaters pumps and sand so lets get some dam water in this tank

CienFuegos

Premium member
1. I’m happy to see that you don’t have to use your peaches long any longer (that was starting to get weird... lol)
2. You forgot to mention the sump & protein skimmer)
3. I still need to get new filters for the RODI unit and the plumbing (hoses, check value, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
1. I’m happy to see that you don’t have to use your peaches long any longer (that was starting to get weird... lol)
2. You forgot to mention the sump & protein skimmer)
3. I still need to get new filters for the RODI unit and the plumbing (hoses, check value, etc)

Well so am i. And lets get er done .

CienFuegos

Premium member
RODI filters and membrane have been purchased.
I bought a 40 Breeder stand but as it turned out it’s lower then my old metal stand was so I’m using the old instead.

I now have allí of the plumbing prices and can start the plumbing.

Last-night I put the skimmer together today I cleaning the sump.

All of that said I’m hoping I can start to make water today or tomorrow.

jayjerk

Premium member
I bought a 40 Breeder stand but as it turned out it’s lower then my old metal stand was so I’m using the old instead.

I now have allí of the plumbing prices and can start the plumbing.

Last-night I put the skimmer together today I cleaning the sump.

All of that said I’m hoping I can start to make water today or tomorrow.

U further along than I am

CienFuegos

Premium member
Update....

As I was setting up the drilled 40b I cracked the back of the tank by tightening the bulkhead to much.

I didn’t want to give up so I took out my 40b that is not drilled and started the build with that tank. I used Live sand and dry rock as well as Dr Tims to speed up the cycle which only took 10 days. At this point I added two clown fish and a bloodshrimp. A few days after that my tank started to go through a bacterial bloom which I’m currently fighting by using Carbon and doing water changes.

Currently I have a black and white and Wyoming white clownfish, leopard wrasse, cleaner shrimp, blood shrimp and a rock nem. Below is what I’m currently using and have set up.

40 Breeder tank
Reef Octopus HOB 1000 skimmer
CPR HOB fuge
2 AI SOL blues
2 RW-4
Live sand
Dry rock.

Last edited: