CAD Lights Aquariums

ptw205

Does anyone have any views on the quality of CAD Lights aquariums - specifically their Artisan II series? I have seen generally good reviews with some soar notes re customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danp

Hi,
I have no problems with mine. Quality is good, not great. I have had that tank ( 50g cube) for almost two years, cannot complain.
Customer service is a joke, it took them around three-four weeks to deliver my tank.
First they wanted to send me 40g tank, who knows why.
Then the package got lost, they could not locate it, apparently it was on some train, but they did not know where.
They found it when my wife sent them an e-mail stating that we would cancel our order next day if they did not find it asap.
And no instruction how to set up their stand, absolutely horrible pain in you know where.
But overall good product :)
I have my thread with few pics on the "other" forum, you can find me there under "danielp".
Or you can stop by if you want to see it yourself.
North Chicago, Lawrance&Kedzie.

ptw205

Thx. I just found out their products are manufactured in China. Was yours made in the states or China or do you not know?

danp

They said US but who really knows. Maybe their return pump is chinese? I do not know.
One thing I will tell you, you cannot hear this system. Skimmer is very very quiet, probably the loudest is my brs gfo reactor, when it touches something in the sump area it vibrates or something. But overall its a very quiet system, I have it in my living room not far from the tv, its a relief that I cannot really hear it. And there are probably ways to make it even more quiet, I just do not care enough.
How about SCA aquarium? I do not know them, just heard about them.
Btw which size you wanted to buy?

danp

Thats just horrible.
Its not going to change my opinion about MY tank, but man I would not want to come and see what had been my dream reef, especially such a big tank.

Danieldv6

On a side comment about that dissaster..I think that the powerheads facing to the front helped for that to happen on a part.

Rallos

I don't know what the end result was as far as fault finding but the way that the owner of CAD Lights handled the situation in that thread and the posted correspondence from the OP I would never buy a tank from them. Just my opinion... There are much more reputable sources.

ptw205

I saw that post before. Surprising thing is that was on a custom 500g that they made in-house and not their mass produced models, which they outsource to a Chinese manufacturer.

Mjl714

I saw that post before. Surprising thing is that was on a custom 500g that they made in-house and not their mass produced models, which they outsource to a Chinese manufacturer.

Not very encouraging.