Calling DIY kings!!!

CoralCompulsion

Not exactly sure what he has going on there, but for both of my TLF pellet reactors, all I did was remove the short top plate inside, flip the long tube over, put a mesh screen over the red plate, and a short piece of clear tube inside to connect the long rigid tube with the plate to the inlet on top. Then put a MJ1200 on the inlet, and you're good to go. My pellets tumble like crazy.

Here is a similar mod, although mine doesn't ruin any of the parts, so you can use them later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh7LZExaMrA

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Not exactly sure what he has going on there, but for both of my TLF pellet reactors, all I did was remove the short top plate inside, flip the long tube over, put a mesh screen over the red plate, and a short piece of clear tube inside to connect the long rigid tube with the plate to the inlet on top. Then put a MJ1200 on the inlet, and you're good to go. My pellets tumble like crazy.
Yeah, that way works also.. But I'm trying to control the flow out..

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Although, I must say, I love the pellets in my fowler. Some pellets + GAC + GFO + good skimmer = NO WC's ;)

William Lutman

So all he is doing is looping water with his MJ. Pellets should tumble slow, I would run MJ400 or MJ600 to make the loop. I would feed this with MJ400 and put valve on output for flow.

i have one made it myself work awsome but not really need for it
i can adjust flow thru the reactor without effecting tumbling of bio palets , so i can adjust how fast nitrates can be pulled out of the system

skunkmere

the best mod is to use vinegar with a doser. 3 bucks a gallon for vingar, you can meter it, use it to clean pumps, and make a great cucumber salad.
2 cucumbers
1 small red onion
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons dried dill