Can anyone tell me...

ColaAddict

Aiptasia anemone. You either take out your rocks and dry or nuke it. You can also get peppermint shrimps or Berghia Nudibranches. Trying to kill it yourself with electrolysis wand or aiptasia X only seem to make it spread more, atleast in my experience.

Herbie

Banned
that is an aiptasia anemone. Boiling water or lemeon in a syringe at the base. Or a berghia nidibranch if you have tons (as they will starve when done). Or pull the rock and scrape them off really well at the base. If you go in there pulling or tearing them they will spread. Will Lutman and other have electric devices that vaporise them right in the tank if you want to get all star wars on their nem butts.

migg420

that is the same thing i had in my tank, silly me thought it was another pulsing xenia growing. Took a pic took the pic to aquatica and they told me to zap it quick. bought Aptasia X and zapped a few of them with it and they are gone, also bought a copperband and he took care of the rest. Didnt notice any change in my zoas, paly, or any of my acros, and or hammer or frog spawn.... now i dont see any on my rock. copperband is always searching for more to pick at......

Jep21

that is an aiptasia anemone. Boiling water or lemeon in a syringe at the base. Or a berghia nidibranch if you have tons (as they will starve when done). Or pull the rock and scrape them off really well at the base. If you go in there pulling or tearing them they will spread. Will Lutman and other have electric devices that vaporise them right in the tank if you want to get all star wars on their nem butts.
+2 with the lemon juice.. If u dnt have a syringe just use a turkey blaster and blast it.. Worked great with me when i had one in my intank fuge

mikenaw

Do you have to take the rock out of the tank to juice them, probably a dumb question sorry. I've seen 2 of them in my tank

Joe Lydon

You will never rid them all, manually. Kill the big ones yourself, and just get a peppermint shrimp. I had a TON of aptasia, but now my peppermint shrimp keep them in such small numbers that you probably couldn't find one if you tried. Best part is, peppermint shrimp will not starve and die because they will also eat whatever you offer to the tank as food. Good luck!