Can I get an ID?

FishBeard

I am hitting a dead end trying to ID this fish. I assume it is a wrasse since the previous owner said thats what they bought it labeled as. The fish is a little stressed from the move into a 10 gallon QT and no sand to bury itself into, however, the fish is 5-6 years old and has always been white/pale like this. The best I have been able to gather by guesswork is it could be a female fiji exquisite fairy wrasse or lunar/lyretail wrasse, but almost seems like its an albino or something from the white. Ill let the experts decide. Please help, I would love to add this fish to my reef cube if it can be verified as reef safe, or at least compatible with caution.

Logan 12

I don't think it's a lyretail wrasse do to the lack of a lyretail on the caudal fin. But hard to tell from the picture.

I would say it's a lunar.

lunacris

Looks exactly like the lunar wrasse I had without color. If it is it will do great in a larger tank will not touch corals but will destroy any shrimp crabs and snails. Needs lots of room since they don't stop swimming except to sleep. Mine were very personable but made it hard to maintain a cleanup crew. That's my experience wirh lunar wrasse