can it be???aefw treatment success

MMreef

That's great, man those AEFW flying off right of acropora on that video looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

ColaAddict

How on earth did he even thought about treating tank with potassium overdose? Pretty cool though. Scary, but cool.

labas39

How on earth did he even thought about treating tank with potassium overdose? Pretty cool though. Scary, but cool.
You couldn't read that page he linked that was in Kanji? :)

I would have thought the acros would have overdosed on the potassium as well. I wonder what it takes to do that???

labas39

Further down its in English td
Ok, that was a little easiest to read! Thanks, I didn't scroll down.

This is very interesting. I have a potassium test kit and potassium and am willing to subject an acro frag to 1500 ppm for 30 minutes.

I don't have any bugs or flatworms but at least I can see if the frag survives.

ColaAddict

Ok, that was a little easiest to read! Thanks, I didn't scroll down.

This is very interesting. I have a potassium test kit and potassium and am willing to subject an acro frag to 1500 ppm for 30 minutes.

I don't have any bugs or flatworms but at least I can see if the frag survives.
do it and let us know what happens to the frag.

ColaAddict

This will be my treatment of choice if I ever get it. QTing large amounts of SPS just doesnt work because non of us has a QT system large enough or mature enough to house a big number of SPS. Most people who tried quick qt set up end up killing the acros.
Its easier to setup quick qt for fish and treat the display tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayjerk

Premium member
This will be my treatment of choice if I ever get it. QTing large amounts of SPS just doesnt work because non of us has a QT system large enough or mature enough to house a big number of SPS. Most people who tried quick qt set up end up killing the acros.

agree Nino. Quick coral at is rough. Acros take a beating there. I just don't believe there's enough bacteria in a quick at to help fight off the die off. Then boom all corals hate life in qt

Sawdonkey

Premium member

Yeah, I speak from experience. I was foolish to think I could keep my Acro colonies I've in a 10 gallon tank. Now my Acros are dead. However, I would need at least a 90 gallon tank to qt my fish (and I'm not even sure that would be big enough).

Siebo

Premium member
I have a spare 120 sitting in the garage if someone needs it to QT fish during this process.

labas39

I did the test on a fresh cut red milli.

Using the reference below, I calculated the amount of water I'd need for 1 teaspoon of KCl. That came out to be 1/2 gallon of tank water.

Here's the fresh cut from my tabling red milli before placing it in the dip:

Notice that it has white tips. That's its normal growth pattern.

I then put some in a bag and floated it in my frag tank so that the temperature would remain constant:

After the 30 minutes were up, I put it on plug, and took a picture of it from my DT:

It looks totally happy!

I'll post a picture of it tomorrow so you can see the progress.

Mass-Volume Equivalents of Common Chemical Solids