Candy Cane Rescue Attempt

Geo

Hello everyone! I just wanted to start this thread to document my first rescue attempt at a candy cane that was dying slowly. I got this one from aquarium adventure and never actually opened up and I noticed that it was actually getting worst each day (not blaming anyone but me here). With fish swimming by and hermit crabs climbing all over it I knew I had to do something. The idea that you are about to see is not mine, I just remember seeing it somewhere in RC forums done by someone else.

This is before I took action. It actually got worst than this but I can't find the photo I took at its' worst point.

Day 1

Took a plastic bottle and cut the top of to use it as a shield from the other residents of my tank. Also, it helps me target feed it with a plastic syringe without having to cut all the flow around my tank. I also tried to clean the brown sludge that was developing on it with a turkey buster but I did not dip it yet (I'll just wait to see some progress).

This one is pretty bad

Day 3

This one you can actually see the smaller head opening up. The most open it had been in 3 weeks.

Thanks for looking and I hope you guys will like the thread. It is my first rescue and I am pretty excited about it.

:)

Funlad3

That's a really clever idea, and I have to commend you for having such a clean sand bed! Gorgeous!

GBeck87

Ya your sand bed looks emaculate! GL to ya im pretty positive these guys can be revived. Just keep doing what your doing! Feed it and give it time! I thought my CC was dead for sure when it fell into my frogspawn and it bleached halfof the heads. After 3 months all the color has come back, and colors are bright again.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Geo

:D Thanks guys. I wish I could take the credit for the sand bed but it is only 3 weeks old. I got a new tank and changed to live sand from crashed coral when I moved everything from the old one. Trying not to over feed and all that so the food won't rod on it and I am picking up nasty stuff from it with a turkey buster so they won't spoil it. I do have some dead spots which I'm planning to eliminate with a new circulation pump.