Cannot Edit Post

Nxt

Can you enable the ability for us to edit our own post please?

It seems like we can edit in some areas and not others.

For Example: I can edit my post here but under Member Reefs, I cannot edit my post.

Herbie

Banned
Is it a time lapse thing? I've noticed that I can quickly fix a spelling error right after posting and it doesn't even show an edit.

Nxt

Is it a time lapse thing? I've noticed that I can quickly fix a spelling error right after posting and it doesn't even show an edit.
It could be.

I posted up in Members Reefs and took the 2nd post so I can add pictures at a later time. I didn't want to keep adding post for one or two pictures.

I am so use to doing that with all the other forums I am on of various things.

FishBeard

There is a time limit for editing posts. This was set to prevent some issues it was causing with certain members that were abusing the edit feature with their posts in the past.

Nxt

Alright, few people ruin it for everyone. Guess my post will have lots of my own post haha

Herbie

Banned
I can totally see keeping things on the record for some of you drama queens out there (Fun to see some of the link-to-other-thread pwnage for sure), but it would be nice if we could edit our own tank threads (stock/equipment listes for example) if there is a way to make that distinction (I would imagine there is not). I suppose that is what blogs are for, but if it's just a click on the settings it would be cool to have control over just the first post in a threard or something (again, probably not). Thanks for always listening mods.

FishBeard

I can totally see keeping things on the record for some of you drama queens out there (Fun to see some of the link-to-other-thread pwnage for sure), but it would be nice if we could edit our own tank threads (stock/equipment listes for example) if there is a way to make that distinction (I would imagine there is not). I suppose that is what blogs are for, but if it's just a click on the settings it would be cool to have control over just the first post in a threard or something (again, probably not). Thanks for always listening mods.
You concern and suggestion has been forwarded to Mike to see what he can do about unlocking edit controls in the members tank forum. Please keep in mind that there is still a character limit and image link limit per post as well. Progression and updates tend to work better as new posts, since you get date stamps on those posts to look back on in the future.

Herbie

Banned
You concern and suggestion has been forwarded to Mike to see what he can do about unlocking edit controls in the members tank forum. Please keep in mind that there is still a character limit and image link limit per post as well. Progression and updates tend to work better as new posts, since you get date stamps on those posts to look back on in the future.
That is a really good point. I hadn't thought about the limit. Thanks!

poidog

I agree being able to go back and re-edit your own posts should be allowed without a time lapse limit. It makes things much easier to do when managing FS, tank threads, fixing broken picture links, announcements...etc. R2R and Nano-reef.com allow this and it makes threads much more manageable. Allowing this feature would have "fixed/avoided" one of the issues I was having with current forum management.

I agree being able to go back and re-edit your own posts should be allowed without a time lapse limit. It makes things much easier to do when managing FS, tank threads, fixing broken picture links, announcements...etc. R2R and Nano-reef.com allow this and it makes threads much more manageable. Allowing this feature would have "fixed/avoided" one of the issues I was having with current forum management.
This would be awesome. I always feel bad about bothering folks in the classified when they have a list of items they are selling and I have to ask "what's left". If they could edit their posts and append things with "SOLD", we would know. But we can't. :pout:

mlreef

This would be awesome. I always feel bad about bothering folks in the classified when they have a list of items they are selling and I have to ask "what's left". If they could edit their posts and append things with "SOLD", we would know. But we can't. :pout:
I agree 100% it would be nice to be able to edit a post after you have sold something, or update your selling list, ect.

EyeReef

The edit function was abused in the past, which was the reason why we took it out in the first place. But you guys make some excellent points. Edit is now enable :)