Carbon, Chemipure, or Purigen?

xtlosx

Hey guys right now I have a nice big bag of activated carbon in the return of my sump, and a 1\2 unit of Chemipure in the drain (I know I need a full unit, but this was a left over bag from my smaller tank).

Question is, should I bother having both in there, or just go with a full unit of Chemipure Elite, or Purigen? Any advantages to having one, both, or none?

My parameters are all zero right now, so seems to be doing a relatively good job, just didn't know if I was overdoing it :)

xtlosx

I saw Pat's (NewSchool) tank the other day and he only runs Carbon. The way that tank looked was enough for me to pull my 4 month old Chemipure Elite and start running only Carbon. I have no phosphate issues right now and with the addition of Mangroves, Cheato, and other macro I hope it stays that way naturally.

I need to pick up some mangroves as I only have some chaeto and a DSB in my fuge...

ColaAddict

I'm in the process of cycling a nano and will be using Purigen/Chemipure Elite/Right Now bacteria. will post how that's doing once established.

xtlosx

Well I mean, I can't complain right now as everything is at 0's, but just wondering if there is any reason to one one over the other, or both. That's all... I don't want to overload with chemical filtration, I agree with Skullv, would rather it be natural.