Cardinals ?

Stingray

I'm thinkin about getting rid of my 5 chromis and get a couple or HOPEFULLY a pair of bangi. Anyone know how to tell the sexes?

Last edited:

tonylouis

Get adult size of Bangi.
Male Jaw like Bulldog and longer 2rd fin from the top. Famale Jaw is more like Triangle. Put 4 at same time in the tank and they will pair up soon, than dance for mating.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

zportell

It has something to do with their fins and you most likely won't be able to see it on juveniles. I purchased 8 of them for my 250 gallon reef, about a year ago. before no time at all, I am down to 1. There wasn't another mean fish in the tank and non that could eat them whole. They simply picked each other off so fast, I couldn't do anything about it. As much as you see them school when they are young, they tend not to do this in the home aquarium. I've tried 3 times, all with 6 or more at a time, and all with 90 gallon tanks and larger. each time, was down to 1.

However, good luck with your purchase - if you decide to go that route!!

tonylouis

I had 4 before and finally they pair up and chased another two a way. They almost got baby at one time and male did not eat for almost a week because he was hosting the egg in his mouth. So the male gave it up and let go all the egg. From that point I never have any luck again. So they both gone any way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Drdavis

Premium member
IMO the females have a pointed nose where the males face is more flat, for the big mouth to hold the babies. You can try to inspect the vents on them but to do that I had to pull my cardinals out of the aquarium. I would also not buy more than 4 because if they do pair up most likely you will wind up with 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: