Certification

gomery12

I did my dives in Haigh quarry, Kankakee, Il and Kickapoo state park, Il (one of few state lakes you can dive in). Haigh quarry is pretty cool for diving. Did wreck, navigation, deep, rode on the underwater scooters in the quarry, navigation and naturalist at Kickapoo. Deep was down to 80 feet. At 55 feet went pitch black, instructor said he almost called the dive, but had 3 instructors and 3 taking the course so he said we were good. I asked if we can count it as deep and night dive all in one :). Wishful thinking! 47 degrees at the bottom. Ton of fish in the quarry, no fishing allowed. Albino catfish, bluegill, small mouth, and 3 paddlefish. 3 in our group got to see the paddlefish (one was donated from Shedd Aquarium). Wrecks: they have a 30 foot house boat at 40ft, delivery truck at 45 ft both able to swim through. An old quarry tractor at 30ft, a lawn mower garden! (didnt get to that), and a man made archeology site for practicing archaeology dives at 25 ft (its squared off). I dove with 7mm henderson aqua lock wetsuit, boots, hood and gloves and man I love this suit. It is definitely one of my best purchases. I put on my 3 mm gloves the second day and it was instant water to my hand. With the aqua lock, it keeps water out! Stayed warm underwater and above! For you city folk, it's about an hour from soldier field. I am working towards divemaster then to instructor, next certs are rescue and then enriched air! Instructors tell me that us old guys need that enriched air! Well hopefully we can get a trip with some of you club guys together!