Chicago reefs 1st annual cookout 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr_z

This will be chicago reefs first annual cookout. bring the wife/husband, neighbor, kids, ex, boyfriend/girlfriend, grandma/grandpa. Steve(skunkerx) has gladly allowed us to use his back yard to do this event. there will be a few activities bean bags, someone mentioned volleyball, a raffle or two, someone also mentioned a jumpy castle :). i will add on to the list as people mention more things. If you plan on donating food, drinks, frags for raffles etc. please pm me or post here. (please PM me or skunkerx for address). we will meet at steve's house at 2pm and carpool over to reef city aquatics to check out marks cookout sale. if anyone has any other ideas please let me know. BYOB if youd like steve will be providing this huge thing full of ice for drinks of all kinds. I will be posting skunkerx address three days before the Event on this post. for everyone to get idea he lives one block west of standard bank stadium.

date: september 8th
time: 2pm trip to reef city aquatics.
4pm cookout back at Steve's.

Steve and i want to have a small bean bag tournament prize will most likely be a frag of something. a small fee per team maybe. What does everyone think of that? let us know.

Mark from reef city aquatics is going to be donating one frag and one one dry good for a raffle.

krocky12 said he is going to donate 4x12 packs of coca cola. and ladder toss game

i will be donating hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard and relish. i will also be taking a set of bean bags.

there will be a raffle. in order to get a ticket you will have to bring a frag. so you give a frag get a ticket. frags will placed in brown bags. once tickets are drawn you will pick a brown bag and get a mystery frag.

cub21rak will be donating taco salad. yummmmm and a set of bean bags

Votts will be donating some beer.

skunker ice and 10lbs of pulled pork of course his back yard and home for use. (everyone please thank him)

keishacornbread caramel cake yummy yum

foster will be bringing some burgers n case of water

prov WILL bring the sherbert vodka punch

djflashback83 will be bringing a mystery appetizer lol

frankthetank will be donating forks, knives, napkins, plates, watermelon, burgers, and buns.

Smitty will be donating chips yay

does anyone want to donate any sides(potato salad), dips, lettuce tomato, onions for the burgers n dogs corn on the cob. anything you guys want.

SkunkerX

I also have a set or two of bags and will make sure we have enough ice and I'll see what food I will be able to get

after a few days. I'm all in for a bb tourney for either a frag or cash from entry fee of gift certificate to the lfs?

And I will be supplying a bathroom so you dont have to go outside behind a tree. LOL I have 2 gas grills so

if you like charcoal I don't mind if someone wants to bring charcoal grill I have plenty of room. And would

there be an entry fee for the raffle or do you just get 1 ticket when you show up? I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cub21rak

I think the "raffle" should be who brings a frag gets a ticket. That ticket allows you to receive one mystery frag per ticket. The bag tourney sounds like doing lfs gift card is a good idea. Maybe $5 or $10 per team? 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners?

I will commit to bringing taco salad. I will let you know anything else I can bring.
Also will brings bag set too.

Also, what will people do with the livestock they buy at RCA? And what will be done with the frags brought for the frag ticket pull thingy? Will there be a trough of warm water to float them?

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Have fun guys, unfortuneately, I'll be in Beloit for a family reunion :(
I'm sure this will be a lot of fun !!

SkunkerX

I think the "raffle" should be who brings a frag gets a ticket. That ticket allows you to receive one mystery frag per ticket. The bag tourney sounds like doing lfs gift card is a good idea. Maybe $5 or $10 per team? 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners?

I will commit to bringing taco salad. I will let you know anything else I can bring.
Also will brings bag set too.

Also, what will people do with the livestock they buy at RCA? And what will be done with the frags brought for the frag ticket pull thingy? Will there be a trough of warm water to float them?
Well Ryan we can just let the bags float in my tank till you go home just let Mark know they

will be in the bag for a while, seeing that overnight shipping doesn't seem to be too stressful

so a few hours floating in my tank shouldn't be bad.

Also if anyone is planning on the bean bag tourny let us know so we know how many sets

of bags we will need too make it go smoother.

And what mr z said about bringing people I think its safe to say leave the EX's at home.

Cub21rak

Well Ryan we can just let the bags float in my tank till you go home just let Mark know they

will be in the bag for a while, seeing that overnight shipping doesn't seem to be too stressful

so a few hours floating in my tank shouldn't be bad.

Also if anyone is planning on the bean bag tourny let us know so we know how many sets

of bags we will need too make it go smoother.

And what mr z said about bringing people I think its safe to say leave the EX's at home.
As far as floating, if all 12 members or more show and all bring 1 or more frags for the drawing. And if everyone buys multiple livestock at RCA. Not trying to be Debbie downer but giving all senerios ideas.

SkunkerX

Well I have a 55 gal refugium as well as a 20, 15 and 10gal hooked together and running with no

livestock in it yet so I should have enough room to float quite a few bags, especially if they

are only small bags with frags in them.

Votts

skunker i live about 10 minutes from you so if you need anything lemme know ill help out with whatever.. ill bring a couple cases of beer. cause you cant do a bbq with some beers.

SkunkerX

Well so far it looks like we got

mr z hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard and relish... I think he said 60 hot dogs
krocky 4 cases of pop, votts a couple cases of beer
and I will supply ice and 10lbs. of pulled pork

Cub21rak

Updated

krocky 4 cases of pop,
Votts a couple cases of beer
Skunker will supply ice and 10lbs. of pulled pork
Cub21rak taco salad
Keisha Carmel cakes mmmmmmm yummy

FOSTER

me and my brother can bring some burgers we got in the freezer from last bbq here, and a case of water ill get back to you with how many burgers we got

Cub21rak

Updated

krocky 4 cases of pop,
Votts a couple cases of beer
Skunker will supply ice and 10lbs. of pulled pork
Cub21rak taco salad
Keisha Carmel cakes mmmmmmm yummy
Krocky12 ladder toss game
Foster some burgers and a case of water