ChicagoReefs PAR Meter Rental Program Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkullV

Alright everyone, now that I am back I would like to start a "Rental" program for the Apogee PAR Meter I just purchased. I am not certain as to how to work the program as I would like it to be significantly more orderly and secure then the way that CMAS rents out their meter.

My thoughts are that "Renters" will be able to use the PAR Meter free of charge for 7 days from the time they receive it until the time they have to send it back to me.

Proposed rules are (and feel free to suggest something different):

1. $300 Deposit Through Paypal to be returned in full after I receive the meter back
  2. 1 week free rental
  3. Renter pays for insured shipping back to me
  4. I pay for shipping to renter
  5. Everyone wins!

Let me know what you think. I'll get a list of interested people started next week after I take PAR readings on my new EcoTech RADION LEDs.

SkullV

I'll shoot a video of me taking par measurements on the Radions this Sunday. Great idea!

ColaAddict

Charlie Sheen? What the heck? The old avatar looked better. Can't wait to see PAR measurements of the Radion.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
That's very generous to essentially let someone have it for free for 7 days. However, wouldn't you be losing $$ by shipping it to everyone? (Sorry guys, had to point it out.) I like "free" but it would be more fair to you to withold $10 (or whatever) to cover the cost of your shipping. Otherwise that could add up pretty quickly. Also, would there be a late fee?
Whatever you decide, this is a very generous offer, thanks!

DB9181

Sounds great! Can I be added to the waiting list? Just got a 150w MH over my 29g and I want to get the readings to determine light/canopy placement. :)

jcarlilesiu

I agree Ted. No need for you to have to assume all of that cost for shipping it.

Charge them $300 + shipping and then refund the $300 when its returned.

That is how I would do it.

nvdiz

good idea! ive been wanting to see how much par im getting w/ my lumenbright mini throughout my tank

SkullV

Alright, this list should be starting next week with the meter going to the first person on the list (spot taken) the Monday after Thanksgiving.

SkullV

Alright! Just waiting on an email back from PayPal regarding the refund info and we can get this started! I'll start the list in another thread as soon as I get the email.

If you are in the City of Chicago I'm free all week next week to come out and get your measurements if you don't want to deal with shipping. I can make up a nice PAR plot for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.