Chiller maintenance

jayjerk

Premium member
He guys. Time has come to get my chiller maintenanced. I want the whole thing pressure tested dried and recharged. Any idea where I can go? I prefer somewhere near my home I'm nw Chicago but beggars can't be choosers:dog-laugh:

Smitty

Premium member
I'm following along....I should probably get mines checked too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jayjerk

Premium member
All these taggers...lol...I guess best bet will be someone in refrigeration ie refrigerators ice machines shit like dat. Our chillers are set up very similar to that type of cooling machine.

All those things are normal stuff for cars. I'm sure it has to be similar

snelly98

There's nothing to do that you can't do yourself. Pull top clean coils out with air or water. Cycle water vinegar mix through chiller then let sit overnight and rinse thoroughly. Only way to check freon level is installing service valves but this is hermetic system rarely leak.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jayjerk

Premium member
All that stuff aside I want whole system checked. Don't wanna have to do this again next year. I have a much older style chiller. Takes 134 with r12 fittings...this thing was produced in 2000. When I pulled it down it was fine now not so much. It still cools but at an unsatisfactory rate so there has to be a leak somewhere and I want it found...lol.

Update

I've just had my 4th company turn down service for this thing.

View attachment 11882

Last edited:

cjp847

I just cleaned mine. And the instructions only showed to clean the filter and lightly blow dust out of compressor area.