ChingChai Tank Thailand

Navycook2

So I came across this and cannot get this tank out of my mind!! It in my mind is absolutely killer!! Its soo elegant simple but very complex!!
Tell me what you think and how hard structurally to do in a 210. I really think that this is the theme that I may go! Pros - Cons?

IMG_0188 by adam.skott, on Flickr

SkullV

It's a very nice tank. He has an enormous thread on Reef Central detailing the build, and grow-out. It is WAY more mature then that photo. There are many many awesome international builds on the Large Tank section of Reef Central. It seems like most of the really amazing ones are overseas.

Navycook2

Thanks Ted Ill check that out!! I think the structure trying to keep up right with small base and a lot of flow might be my challenge.

SkullV

Thanks Ted Ill check that out!! I think the structure trying to keep up right with small base and a lot of flow might be my challenge.
He has the rock structure build very well documented. Took a LOT of people a LOT of mortar, and a LOT of fishing line to get it right!

The build starts here:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1640915

but it is split into many different threads (too big for even Reef Central's Server).

I read the entire thing over a few weeks. Amazing stuff.

Navycook2

That's what I'm going to try and go after on a much smaller scale! I mean I have the lights the tank system now to create this beautiful art. Might as well go for gold!!

gig

I think he is breaking the tank down (not the system) to get rid of an mojano infestation last I checked...looks like alot of work!

anicemess

That's what I'm going to try and go after on a much smaller scale! I mean I have the lights the tank system now to create this beautiful art. Might as well go for gold!!
Hey, take pics for us every step of the way will you? I don't know what it all took to create this so keep us enlightened.

ColaAddict

Wow, that was an amazing video. So much color in that tank. Must be nice to live in south east asia as you have easy access to the coral reefs and fishes. I know in the Philippines you can pay a fisherman/diver $10 and he will dive for you and get you a handful of corals and fishes.

mlreef

The tank looks so well put together you would think that it would almost be impossible for him to get manjanos.

Navycook2

absolutely crazy with all the awesome equipment to get running on there and that happens :( but now you see why I want mine to look like his!!

mlreef

absolutely crazy with all the awesome equipment to get running on there and that happens :( but now you see why I want mine to look like his!!
If your build looks like this one, I will personally invite myself over to your place to admire it :the20man:

Navycook2

Lmao Thanks bud!! well I can tell you I wont have all the bells and whistles but I am going to have my buddy that has worked with mortar to start helping me build my columns!