Chips Money Pit :)

Chipster67

Back in Dec/Jan of 2013 my wife decided she wanted a fish tank. She was thinking something small with some neons and maybe an angel fish or two. I on the other hand had other ideas.. SALT WATER!!!!!!
Back in the late 80's early 90's I had a 20G Tall that was set up as a salt tank, and I loved the look of it. Since that time I have to say DAMN Salt tanks have come a LOONNGGGG Way... No longer do you have the un-gravel filter, or the hob bio-wheel kind of filter for salt, it's all about the sump, refugium, clean up crew and macro algae...

Anyhow here is some pictures of the tank when I first set it up in Jan 2013.
A Cloudy Mess.. I kinda skipped the part of rinsing the Marco Rock before putting in tank
View attachment 738

Like a shiny new penny. This is when the wife loved the look of it, Bright and White Rocks.
View attachment 739

View attachment 740

View attachment 741

View attachment 742

View attachment 743

View attachment 744

View attachment 745

View attachment 747

Current Stock in tank:
2 Clown Fish
2 Green Chromis
1 Engineer Goby
1 Coral Beauty
1 Fire Fish Goby

More pics and updates to come... :)

lunacris

looking good i have a feeling it will have more corals when today is done . make sure to post pics

Chipster67

Thanks guys.. it's a great hobby and I can think of worst things to spend money on.. lol

Today's mission is figure out best option for algae scrubber to help fight some gha and some cyno that always shows up in hob refugium.. thinking of moving refugium to sump and then use hob refugium as a algae scrubber to help keep out of tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Chipster67

Actually the goby is fine.. He has 2 area's that he deposits the sand at.. and its usually not too bad. Plus gives my wife something to do.. push the sand back to piss off the goby... ;) she's evil.. ;)

rozdab

I found that a child's toothbrush worked the best at scrubbing gha off of the rocks during water changes.

I got fed up after awhile and took the rocks out and scrubbed two different times and added gfo to finally get it to stop growing.
Once you beat it you feel so proud of yourself. :)

Great looking tank and thanks for sharing it.

Chipster67

I found that a child's toothbrush worked the best at scrubbing gha off of the rocks during water changes.

I got fed up after awhile and took the rocks out and scrubbed two different times and added gfo to finally get it to stop growing.
Once you beat it you feel so proud of yourself. :)

Great looking tank and thanks for sharing it.
Yeah I think the GFO I'm running now is keeping it from growing and noticed some turning brown now..

Scrub is what I'll do at next water change.

zdes

That's really cool I never knew they had those skulls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk