chloramines In our city water?

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
Hello everyone yet another day my wheels are spinning on how I’m gunna make my reef tank better then it is so after all my morning reading I’ve come across few people having issues with chloramines in there supply water that there RODI systems are not fully removing and eventually getting into There tanks. Was wondering if anyone here in Chicago has called the water company to inquire about chloramines in our tap water that we use to make our RODI?

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
Yes only repot I can find is from 2012 and now I’m on hold with water company 15 min already was trying to avoid wasting an hour for a simple yes or no answer smh

Mjl714

So now I see the link you posted but in that for 2020 I don’t see chloramines on it
I agree, I did the same and concluded no chloramines. However, I did call Naperville and they said at times (did not specify when or why) they use a chlorine gas, so I added a second carbon housing in my RODI system.

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
I agree, I did the same and concluded no chloramines. However, I did call Naperville and they said at times (did not specify when or why) they use a chlorine gas, so I added a second carbon housing in my RODI system.
I was looking at this because supposedly it is good for up to like 19,000 gallons of RODi so will last awhile