Chloroquine phosphate - looking for 3 people

MMreef

Hi, I am about to order chloroquine phosphate for my upcoming qt system. If you know this is a lot safer then copper and easier on delicate fish. It treats most of external protozoans (ich, velvet, brook, uronema),works the same as copper, successfully targeting the “free swimming” or theront stage. But it is expensive and I am looking to split the cost with few ( preferably 3) people who are interested. Order will be placed from Fishman's Chemical , where most of public aquariums get theirs. For $206 ( including shipping) we get 1 kilo (2.2 ibs.) split four ways this will be enough for long time . Lmk who is interested, as soon as I get 3 people I will place the order. Fishman's Chemical is only one of trusted sources to get it without prescription and lab grade quality.

MMreef

You can order smaller amounts at nationalfishpharm.com. I have used their meds before with great success.
Thank you, i know of them but is not as cost effective as splitting this bigger order. With shipping 50 grams was about $85, for this each person will get 250 grams for $51

MMreef

Ok, we need two more...

1. mmreef
2. Emisis
3. Herbie
4. Latinreefer

Last edited:

MMreef

Just FYI, I got mine on ebay for fairly cheap.
Thanks Mark, I know of this. Many people reported fish deaths using one from Ebay, I guess they got it from China, where QC is not the best. I am planning in qt expensive fish ( ventralis, bandit angels) , don't want to take any chance.

latinreefer

Hi Mark
Does this chemical have a shelf life? I like to QT my fish but I have no plans on adding any new fish soon so I wanted to know how long will it last.
Thanks

Emisis

Hi Mark
Does this chemical have a shelf life? I like to QT my fish but I have no plans on adding any new fish soon so I wanted to know how long will it last.
Thanks
According to the package I got from another source, it has an expiration date in it. It shows it "expires" 7/2018, I would have to guess it does have a shelf life. I keep mine in a dark container to keep it out of light.

Last edited:

MMreef

I left a voice message and sent email to them to find out. Hopefully I have answer tomorrow. Will let everyone know.

reefeqmover

Thanks Mark, I know of this. Many people reported fish deaths using one from Ebay, I guess they got it from China, where QC is not the best. I am planning in qt expensive fish ( ventralis, bandit angels) , don't want to take any chance.
Where do you think fishman chemical and national fish pharmacy get it from?

Ive ordered from fishman and gotten plastic buckets with national fish pharmacy label on it. Still get the same buckets from fishman but with out labels.
Ever wonder about national fish pharmacy's address? From their websites

National Fish Pharmaceuticals
624 Old Dixie Highway SW
Vero Beach , FL 32962

And fishman chemical:
Fishman Chemical of NC, LLC
624 Old Dixie Highway SW
Vero Beach, FL 32962

And also Fish Remedies llc. Is also located in Vero Beach.

Last edited: