Cichlid Swap

Pufferpunk

Off to the cichlid swap today. I always get the best plecos there! I'll be getting a few bags of snails for the puffers & was considering my hand at those marmocrebs... Does anyone know if they'll breed at room temps? I'd like to keep them in my GF tank.

erich

I'm going also. I have a green phantom pleco reserved from pleco Pete. Then stop by aquapros on the way home. Gotta show some love to both tanks.

Pufferpunk

Yep--it's the 1st table I always hit! I need his number to reserve plecos. I'm hoping he has some new ones I haven't gotten from him already. I'm especially looking for a Gold Nugget.

Snide

Is this over at the Doubletree in Downers Grpve? I'll be there. Unfortunately I will be working.

fredfish13

best western in Hillside. right off 290. just got back, it was packed when i first got there around 1030. it got better to move around later.

fredfish13

the swap is in hillside from 10 to 2pm. they have vendors selling. i had to get some bigger bn plecos for my cichlid tank. the gcca meeting is tonight at 6pm in DG. not sure if they will be selling anything besides the BAP fry there. GCCA has about 3-4 swaps a year on Sundays in the morning.

Pufferpunk

Which plecos did you get?

I only spent $300 of the $400 I brought. Got 2pairs of blue rams, TONS of snails (pufferfood), A bunch of Assassin snails & about 10 different plecos. Finally got the Medusa pleco I've been looking for the past 5 shows! The guy who ordered it ahead of time didn't pick it up, so the seller called me over to his table & said it's mine!!! Love the whiskers!!!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aquariumlife.net/profile-images/spotted-medusa-

fredfish13

saw the fancy $$$ plecos in the corner, jen. But just needed bigger than 2" regular bristled-nose ones for my tank. have a 125g with some bigger fish that would try to snack on them. I already have one and he has been doing a pretty good job cleaning up the rocks. Got a deal, 4 for $8 and they all were almost 3". Acclimated and working already. The place was packed and it seemed alot of fish were selling pretty fast.

Pufferpunk

Anyone else go?

Here's my list of purchases:
A ranuculus L034 (Medusa)
H contradens (Snowball)
L081 (Stardust Nugget)
L047 (Mango)
L260 (Queen Arabesque)
And a Longfin calico of some kind.