Closed Loop: Reeflo Hammerhead Hybrid Pump or the Reeflo Dart/Snapper Hybrid?

mlreef

Closed loop question...

Should I go with the Reeflo Hammerhead Hybrid Pump or the Reeflo Dart/Snapper Hybrid?

I have a 2" drain basket and 2 x 1.5" returns... Hope this helps.

Any pros or cons to either one of these pumps? I'm looking for something with enough power and yet quiet.

Thanks

gig

I'd go hammerhead, I have a regular dart now and its slightly over powered for my 180. Reeflos are great quiet pumps

mlreef

I'd go hammerhead, I have a regular dart now and its slightly over powered for my 180. Reeflos are great quiet pumps
You don't think that it might be a little bit much for 2x 1.5" returns? I can always add another 2 closed loop returns so then it would have 4 x 1.5" returns and a 2" basket...

gig

Yeah, but the reeflo's are smart pumps, so you can put a valve after the output and turn them down, so not only can you reduce the flow, they draw less power.

kurens

i got reeflo dart on my 100g,very quiet pump but hot as hell,cant touch it for longer than few sec.

BADGUS

With 2 intakes you should do 4 outputs and run it full blast.I would use the snapper.

mlreef

With 2 intakes you should do 4 outputs and run it full blast.I would use the snapper.
Gus, currently I have 1 intake and 2 out puts, the intake is 2" while the returns are 1.5". would you still use the snapper?

I can also add another 2 returns for a total of (1) 2" intake and (4) 1.5" returns.

Let me know.

Thanks

BADGUS

I'm slightly confused,is the tank drilled for 2seperate 2'' intakes or 1single 2'' intake?
Also does it have 2 or 4 1.5'' ''returns''?

The best solution would be the bigger hammerhead pump with an O.M 4way and do the 4outputs.That would be insane flow.

mlreef

I'm slightly confused,is the tank drilled for 2seperate 2'' intakes or 1single 2'' intake?

The best solution would be the bigger hammerhead pump with an O.M 4way and do the 4outputs.That would be insane flow.
A single 2" intake and (2) 1.5" returns. I was planning on adding 2 additional returns both would be 1.5" as well for a total of 4.

Could an ocean motion handle that much water?

mlreef

I think they stopped making ocean motions!:(

gig

maybe go dart for just getting water from the sump to the display, I prefer to use MP40's and such for water movement.

I need to check my setup, but just got home, I think mine is 2" intake and 1.5" outputs

mlreef

maybe go dart for just getting water from the sump to the display, I prefer to use MP40's and such for water movement.

I need to check my setup, but just got home, I think mine is 2" intake and 1.5" outputs
I'm using 2 MAG18's for the sump return. The reeflo pump would be used for the closed loop system. I think I'm going to end up going with the hammerhead, it gives me more options.