clown tank

lunacris

picked up a 29 bio cube last night got system up and running and starting to fill up this is my plan black sand about inch to two inch depth few rocks my large rose anemone aquascape low around edges mini cave with hammers frogspawn and torches around rock maybe some shrooms here and there then a pair of platnums think the black sand will make em pop a lil more i used some rock from big tank and some new still to be bought alsong with water i just changed out from the 210

mr_z

Hey I got that rock out my tank about 20 lbs total if u want pics text me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunacris

No need now I already bought those pieces in tank. Waiting till later today to transfer other big rock with anemone. That's it for aquascape. Thanks tho.

lunacris

No cycle needed. I know that much. Been doing this for a lil bit. This tank has all stuff that's been cyycled. Did this with 210. Picked up new frogspawn torch and three zoas today. On its way.

An E. quadricolor can and will do perfectly fine under standard PC. They are a lot less light demanding then people think.

I would not however try something like an M. doreensis or H. magnifica.

FishBeard

We are growing a very happy rbta baby (silver dollar size opened) in our 14 gallon Biocube with stock 48w of PC lighting. Unfortunately our clowns still prefer the Duncan since the bta is still so small.

SaylorsReef

I agree, E. quadricolor can do well with PC lighting.

FishBeard, with regular, sufficient feedings, the BTA will grow, but be careful of over feeding!

FishBeard

I agree, E. quadricolor can do well with PC lighting.

FishBeard, with regular, sufficient feedings, the BTA will grow, but be careful of over feeding!
LOL, overfeeding, like I did with the one in my 60g reef? It's doubled in size in the past month, I have had to cut back mysis feedings to once a week now to keep the beast at bay....

lunacris

My nem doesn't fit in cube. Does but takes up too much space. So I'm gonna get smaller nem and possibly check for those mentioned. There are 4 36 watt pc. I also got a call from lfs and wanted me to come check out clowns. Works out because I'm now getting these ora semi domino semi misbar clowns for big tank and ordering the platnums that will arive on next Friday. Ill leave them at lfs until I'm satisfied they don't have ich or die from shipping.

lunacris

Oh forgot I also upgraded skimmer to the coralife super skimmer. Not happy with the old bio skimmer. So far so good. Keeping close eye on water. Just incase I'm wrong about cycle. Keep ya posted hopefully with some sweet pics of new clowns. Thanks for all input

lunacris

my clowns are all in both tru ora platnums and semi domino/misbar icked up the black ones today and plats on friday pics are from phone while in fish store tank before bagging

lunacris

led came in this morning at 830 first stop of day i got em hung and threw some corals in tank these are bright about 10 inches above water clowns are in and starting to look good i also threw some sps that were dying from big tank just to see what happens pics not coming so clear but here they are