Clowns acting funny

Eddie79

Premium member
So for the past week my two clowns have been acting funny. The larger one stays under the anemone and is barely visible. The smaller one swims around a little but neither of them move around to eat unless I spot feed them. They are in a fusion 20 with one cherub angel that keeps to itself.

Any thoughts?

ADAM

Premium member
do you see them pecking at anything? my clowns are weird before they lay eggs and then stay weird until after they hatch.

Eddie79

Premium member
I'll have to pay more attention tonight. They are usually all over the tank. The larger one doesnt really move at all, but I don't see anything around where she stays. How big would the eggs be? Like a bunch of eggs totaling a dime size or quarter size? I have a fire shrimp and some snails in the tank as well.

ADAM

Premium member
When they start out the eggs look like you think fish eggs would look, orangish, but pretty tiny maybe a couple pinheads in diameter, but there would be a lot of them. Then as they mature they look more grayish and you can actually see their little tiny eyes.

Eddie79

Premium member
My larger clown is still acting funny and not moving from one spot, but I haven't seen any eggs.

Any thoughts?