Clowns eating shrimp and crabs???

ejwan

It seems like every time I put a shrimp or emerald crab into my tank it disappears in a couple of weeks. I have a Couple of clowns In the tank.. could they be eating the shrimp!? They are about 3 years old, and one is almost big enough to catch and fry up (just kidding)!! Has anyone had problems with aggressive clowns?

Gav

I have seen clowns feeding new skunk cleaners to their bubble tip nems. Never an emerald crab though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like every time I put a shrimp or emerald crab into my tank it disappears in a couple of weeks. I have a Couple of clowns In the tank.. could they be eating the shrimp!? They are about 3 years old, and one is almost big enough to catch and fry up (just kidding)!! Has anyone had problems with aggressive clowns?
It's more likely that they are hiding and you can't see them.

wrasse

Maybe you have a bad hitch hiker in your tank?
Hiding is more likely. I have shrimp I see once every couple of months.
Had a Pom Pom crab in a 12 gallon thought was dead. One day a year later there he was.

Hello. I also thought the same thing you did about my clown fish, but turns out it was my sailfin tang that was eating crabs. if you have one i would keep a eye on him lol. by the way it was at night when the lights were off when you ate the crab.

ejwan

Thanks all! I'll take another look around even at night with a flashlight. This has happened more than once though, so something else could be going on.