CMAS Frag Swap March 12th

mr_z

im considering this event since its like an hour from me. but id like to go im on another forum and theres a thread with alot of raffle prizes and when say alot i mean like 50 they mention frags, dry goods, lighting, gift certificates, and a few other things so i think im more hyped up about winning something lol.

labas39

I'm not a member but I'm considering joining. I've had corals for about 10 years now but I would like to learn a bit more this year. The meetings would be nice to attend.

scotty

The last cmas event got me into saltwater if that is any indication of an hour drive is worth it.

1boatnut

Not a member but thinking about joining.
Frag swap meet used to be $10.00 at the door if not a member and free to members.
They now raised it to $15.00 @ the door and membership is $20.00.
They usually have at least 2 frag swaps a year,almost a no brainer to join

jsteffen

If I go to something like this, in which I am interested. Do I take something to bring frags home or do they bag so you can take home?

Lmecher

I've been a member for years. These frag swaps are absolutely amazing. In addition to corals, you can usually find some inverts and tank raised fish. The only problem is they are too crowded. You get a free raffle ticket at the door and can purchase more. Pizza is included with admission. If I remember correctly your membership fee covers 2 years. I wouldn't miss it for the world and definitely worth the long drive. I always bring a cooler for my little treasures.

scotty

I just walked around and googly-eyed so I really don't know, but can't you buy frags as well as trade them?

Lmecher

It is frags for purchase. Unless you set it up ahead of time to trade. Some people will presell frags and bring them without getting a table. They post them for sale w/swap pick up (meet up at the swap). I have done this in the past. You can only post "for sale" threads on their website if you have a certain # of posts.

EyeReef

Maybe I should make some chicagoreefs bumper stickers, and we can pass them around during the show?!?

scotty

Its a 40 min drive maybe from west chicago to tinley

Its literally 5 minutes from my house I'm jazzed