cment's 57g tank buil d

cment

Hi guys...I just moved back to the Chicagoland area after being away for 4 years finishing up my doctorate in Atlanta. Ive been in reefing for about 8 years now and had a few different tanks. While in ATL I had an SCA 66g and it was a pretty good tank, unfortunately I had to break it down and sell almost all my live stock and some of the equipment. I ended up setting up this 57g as somewhat of a temporary tank knowing that within the next year or so Ill end up going bigger. I have a friend in ATL holding some of my corals and once this new tank is ready Ill have him ship them to me. I love LPS and put together quite a few high end pieces which I just couldn't part with. I am getting more into Acros and will probably try my hand at a few as this tank matures. Either way, enough talking...I know we all want to see pictures.

cment

Tank has been up and running since the end of June. Its going through its ugly stages right now but as it comes along Ill put up more pics.

Smitty

Premium member
Congratulations on the doctorate....and amazing looking setup you have there. Keep up the good work.

tinman

very nice scape :) are you going to hide those glass rods ? or is that how its gonna be setup ?

cment

very nice scape :) are you going to hide those glass rods ? or is that how its gonna be setup ?
I was actually thinking about that tinman...well see how things play out. When I finally filled up the tank they are no where near as noticeable as in the pic above. I wonder what will happen as coralline algae starts to build up in the tank. I guess well have to wait and see.

madjoe

Premium member
I actually didn't notice them till tin man said something lol. I know with wAter they he harder to spot until algae grows on them