Conchman's 50 SCA Build

conchman

Premium member
So a little progress this week, dug thru the noodle soup of power supplies and cords, mounted the controls for the MP10's, pump and ATO. I am ok with mounting everything outside as long as it is neat. Found an electrical chase at Menards, ) about 4' left if anyone wants it) I still need to paint it, everything ran thru it to the back. Just going to clean up everything behind, then mount a removable panel at the side of the stand that shows into the room to cover the backside of the stand. Figured out in the last couple of weeks I will need to add a small fan to decrease cabinet humidity. Still looking for a cabinet/stand to put next to the tank to house the ATO container and few supplies. Hoping it will be big enough for a small growout/acclimation tank on top.

Side view of new electrical chase

View attachment 23188

conchman

Premium member
So a couple of additions to the tank. A couple of Black and White Clowns. Acclimated them last night, slowed the MP's down, this morning both look like they are doing fine. Not leaving each others side. Staying mostly front, near the top. These are the first two fish additions, not sure what or if I will add much more. I will be going very slow on the fish stocking levels...

Pair of Clowns acclimating in the "CTV"..."Clown transportation vehicle"...er...bag...

View attachment 23221

Were free....Were free....

View attachment 23223

conchman

Premium member
So most everything has been going as expected. Very small hair algae out break after move in. Have a Cyno out break front lower left corner. Nitrates have stayed around 25, even with every other day water changes. Finally got the Reef Octopus 110SSS and put it in. Quick question, I know there is a break in period, although I am already seeing some gunk. How high up the neck should the bubbles be in normal operation?

View attachment 23610

conchman

Premium member
So with the changes here I wanted to update the thread. I will be pulling up a few photos from the 1st tank, the Fusion and then see what I can locate in my library from the change into the SCA. There has been a few updates in the setup noting major. Tank has been running good. Regular 10% changes weekly. I am making changes is getting rid of my softies, focusing more on SPS and Zoas.

Attachments

conchman

Premium member
So I got some work done today. Glued some frags, cleaned up some rock work. I picked up a frag a while back and saved about 8 micro-brittle stars. I see them from time to time sticking their legs out. About 3 weeks ago, shorty after a water changed, I saw how many I really have, a lot, a real lot. hundred, maybe more. They were everywhere, spawning event. Did not get a picture then, should have, but today, same thing, smaller event, but the same. Got a few pictures.

Attachments

conchman

Premium member
Current update on the tank. Its been a while, added 2 MP10's, Mobius, 2 new Gen 5's, also Mobius. Not sure what I will do with the Gen 4 XR15, and 4 MP10's on the 50 SCA seems like over kill, I keep them turned down. Added a electrical cabinet, rented a par meter from BRS and man, do I need to turn the lights up. Thanks for stopping...

Full tank shot, however the Idaho Grape on the right just got a major haircut...
EIFxbPtEQUS2eWH%Aqnqxg.jpg

Sorry, forgot to take to horizontal, tip your device sideways :D
fwgpmUkwT22py6llScyxyA.jpg