confused

Arthur

I did that sump 3 months ago. To set baffles I used aquarium silicon from fish store. Why that silicon on the baffles getting so yellow, algae like??? It looks clean in my tank, should be the same. And strange thing, look on the second picture on left side. That is a fuge side looks clean like new. I know it is in sump but still bothers me. I put so much efort to make it right. Can somebody explain to me why please????

misenplace101

that is weird.... I was thinking lighting and flow. Was the silicone smoothed out? Alage could have gotten underneith. I'm just stabbing at the dark here.

loco-phillya

lighting for sure... you probobly only have direct light on the fuge side and this is whats causing it.. I dont know if moving your light will help now since the color has changed..

loco-phillya

also this most likely means water in micro amounts got behind the silicone.. Probobly high flow on that side as well...right

Arthur

Yes, light is only on the fuge side. Yes, higher flow in the area where silicone is yellow. But what you saying how this is because of light. It should be direct light on full sump? How that light on the fuge cause algae on drain and return sections????
also this most likely means water in micro amounts got behind the silicone.. Probobly high flow on that side as well...right

scotty

no the discolor is from the algal buildup because it got behind it, and now is doing what it does best, be annoying. Higher flow, hes meaning its pushing harder, and getting under better than from the other side. just cut out the baffles and re-silicone it, and make sure this time it's perfectly clean before you apply it.