controller?

erok90

Looking to get a controller but not sure which to get.which one do u guys recommend and why? Is there a big difference between the apex and the reefkeeper?

jm23

It is like arguing between a Mac and a PC. Both are good, just depends on what you like. I like my Apex, but it does take some reading to get it to do exactly what you want. I don't have any complaints and I can't imagine running a tank without one now that I have it. I got mine from reefgeek and called them up and negotiated the price down quite a bit. Depending on what you want the controller to do depends on which model or Apex or RK that you should get. Addons always cost more in the long run then getting the full version to begin with.

GBeck87

I use the RKL + with the ALC module to dim my LEDs, i really dont have any complaints with it, just like Jon said it takes a lot of reading up on them to get to do exactly what you want. The only minor setback between the RKL n RKE is that with the RKL that you can only have 4 Modules connected to it.. Pretty lame but ill live, since it came with the entire setup i bought. Now i really cant see myself now using one, completely worth every penny.

jrpark22000

Premium member
If you are a control freak, go Apex. If you only want a plug and play device either will work but RKL does it easier. It really can be compared to Apple and PC. PC has more options but requires more work to acomplish the advanced functions.

For what it's worth, Apex customer support is better and very people would disagree with it.

jayjigga

If you are a control freak, go Apex. If you only want a plug and play device either will work but RKL does it easier. It really can be compared to Apple and PC. PC has more options but requires more work to acomplish the advanced functions.

For what it's worth, Apex customer support is better and very people would disagree with it.
The gist of what he said was Apex, so I agree...did you say Mac was for simple minded people? If so, I also agree, hehe...Apex any day, every day. It's fairly plug and play, but you can get really in depth with it. Customer service spanks DA too :)

GBeck87

Ya i would agree that the support on Apex has to better, the support from DA isnt the greatest. lol

Siebo

Premium member
Look at the reefangel. It seems to be a lot for your $$. I plan to buy one over the summer I think

I just bought a apex today with the lab probe on the brs 10x points sale it was the only way I've seen to get 10% back on an apex unit yet